Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Game Being Ported To Linux

Phoronix: Another Game Being Ported To Linux

Albeit an "Indie game", Caster is being ported to Linux. This announcement was made on our very own forums...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Quake Live which is getting to open beta stage in 2-3 days is being ported to Linux, too, as we speak. I've been playing the closed beta on Windows for some time now and this is a game many people are & will be playing.

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
      Quake Live which is getting to open beta stage in 2-3 days is being ported to Linux, too, as we speak. I've been playing the closed beta on Windows for some time now and this is a game many people are & will be playing.

Yea, I also partecipated to the closed beta testing and I was really impressed about it.

Comment

I'm also got a beta key for quake-live but I won't play it till the native Linux port is available.

Comment

There seems to be an ongoing port of it to a Linux-based device, Pandora:

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post
            There seems to be an ongoing port of it to a Linux-based device, Pandora:

http://www.gp32x.com/board/index.php?showtopic=46813
            Heh... It's to Linux with Pandora being one of the explicitly supported configurations of the same.

I'm one of the people that has one of their second generation dev boards and I've been doing firmware testing for them. (About to step up and do a bit more than that, but that's a differing discussion...)

Comment

Heyy.
              Thats good..... I also going to contribute to the closed beta testing and it makes me really much impressed.I was really impressed about it.

Comment

I also have the Quake Live beta-key and have registered. But... they were nice enough to tell me I was wasting my time. *shrugs*

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I really appreciate games coming to linux, but this...

Comment

Originally posted by MaestroMaus View Post
                    Don't get me wrong, I really appreciate games coming to linux, but this...
                    Heh...at least it IS coming to Linux. The same can't be said for other titles that were promised and then never were delivered for varying reasons.

Comment

Working...
                    X