Celetania

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Celetania

Just a heads up for those of you who like 4X games, celetania is currently letting people apply to beta test the game.

Unfortunately it's MMO so no dice. Doesn't even count in my world unless you can install it, play it, and not have to connect to the internet.

Comment

I really like this one. And especially because it is a MMO. You ask why? Because they simply are more fun than singleplayer only games in general. At least when you spent playing so much different game genres than I have.

Hopefully it really is that good than I hope it is.

Comment

I disagree. MMOs tend to be the same grind-festival over and over again. In fact they are in majority dead boring and eat time without delivering any fun. How can grinding your ass off doing the same stuff thousand times in a row be fun? This genre needs some innovations.

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonlord View Post
          I disagree. MMOs tend to be the same grind-festival over and over again. In fact they are in majority dead boring and eat time without delivering any fun. How can grinding your ass off doing the same stuff thousand times in a row be fun? This genre needs some innovations.
          I fully agree with this vision of MMOs, however I do reckon that for some people doing these seemingly repetitive and boring actions is actually fun. I do not find doing that as being fun, but that doesn't mean some people at least do (some millions of people as evidenced by the number of subscribers for games such as WoW).

Comment

well this game kind of sound like ogame in 3D...

Comment

Originally posted by Thetargos View Post
              I fully agree with this vision of MMOs, however I do reckon that for some people doing these seemingly repetitive and boring actions is actually fun. I do not find doing that as being fun, but that doesn't mean some people at least do (some millions of people as evidenced by the number of subscribers for games such as WoW).
              Depends on the MMO really, for me ones that have are centred around PvP tend to be far more enjoyable then the simply kill monster rinse and repeat. Mainly because humans are far more challenging then a computer controlled monster (although the lack of a decent story line does get on my nerves sometimes). But the real key to online games is find a good group of friends to play with, it makes a world of difference.

Comment

I never liked PvP because it's always higher-level=win or rare-weapon=win . Does not equal to fun to me but maybe that's because in conventional ( often FPS style ) MP games balancing is the key to have an enjoyable game. And MMO are the father of king-making ( a term from game development and means somebody with an advantage is given even more advantage so new people have no chance to ever win ).

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonlord View Post
                  I never liked PvP because it's always higher-level=win or rare-weapon=win . Does not equal to fun to me but maybe that's because in conventional ( often FPS style ) MP games balancing is the key to have an enjoyable game. And MMO are the father of king-making ( a term from game development and means somebody with an advantage is given even more advantage so new people have no chance to ever win ).
                  buy guildwars

Comment

Originally posted by Pfanne View Post
                    buy guildwars
                    I tried Guild Wars when it came out at a friends it was OK I suppose (I mean it actually had a story!) tried the PVP but never found it that much fun. The MMO that actually got me hooked was Dark Age Of Camelot the PVP in there I loved.

Originally posted by Dragonlord
                    Depends on a game but most are like you say, if you have better equipment you win (the extent to which this is true can vary quite a bit though).

Comment

Working...
                    X