Shadow of the Tomb Raider Coming To Linux On 5 November

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
    Great news, I've held of buying it until they ported it (unlike rise of the tombraider where I bought it when they said it was going to be released) will buying it of stream after it's launched on Linux get them the money? Or am I best buying it from their store and does that get me a steam key?
    Yes, you will get a steam key from Feral web store.

Comment

Originally posted by LeJimster View Post
      Will be interested to see the performance they've manged to squeeze out vs VKD3D and DXVK. Theres some benchmarks out recently showing 85-90% of windows with those projects. Feral always do solid work, so I wonder if their port is going to be used on Google's Stadia also.
      When Stadia was announced I asked them on Twitter if the footage of Shadow of the Tomb Raider was their work and they said it was not

Comment

Originally posted by Grim85 View Post

When Stadia was announced I asked them on Twitter if the footage of Shadow of the Tomb Raider was their work and they said it was not
        Very interesting, so either Stadia are using something like Proton or the developers have made a Vulkan Stadia specific port.

Comment

I couldn't wait... a few weeks ago it was on for $20 on Steam so I bought it to run with Proton. (works better with AMDVLK for the vulkan backend for me by the way).

I've not had a problem caused by Denuvo with this game, but I do so despise Denuvo. It really depends on implementation... exactly what they have used Denuvo for. Most of it is disabled for most Steam titles.

P.S. I'll buy it again from the Feral site when the Linux port is released. I'll gift it to someone.
          Last edited by Grogan; 15 October 2019, 07:02 PM.

Comment

But I still haven't finished the previous one

Comment

Originally posted by LeJimster View Post

Very interesting, so either Stadia are using something like Proton or the developers have made a Vulkan Stadia specific port.
              What people have to understand here is that Feral is not a company that performs ports for other publishers. They are purchasing the distribution rights for the games for the Linux and macOS platforms, then in order to sell the games there they of course have to port the games.

So when Eidos want's their game on Stadia, Feral will not be involved (unless of course Eidos would be smart enough to reach out to Feral and ask for their help since they already have ported the game to Linux) nor will Eidos sell the Stadia version on Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomin View Post
                But I still haven't finished the previous one
                Me either

I'll have to now so I can plat this one

Comment

Oh godammit... I knew this was going to happen. I bought a copy long ago as I wanted a technology show case for ray tracing...

Comment

Originally posted by mphuZ View Post
                    Good!
                    Only native games will make Linux a real gaming platform!
                    I thought the same five months ago but now with the 5.3 kernel games like Prey 2017, Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice, The Witcher 3, Skyrim Special Edition run really well with Proton 4.11-7. Some older games like Dead Space 1 and 2 have been perfect for a long time now.

Using Manjaro with all that stuff and Nvidia/Intel.

I hardly boot into Windows anymore it's extremely rare. Will eventually though just to finish Mass Effect Andromeda and a few others.
                    Last edited by creative; 19 October 2019, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X