Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nCine Is An Interesting Open-Source 2D Game Engine

Phoronix: nCine Is An Interesting Open-Source 2D Game Engine

While there is Godot and other 2D game engines out there, nCine has been quietly developed since 2011 as an interesting 2D cross-platform game engine...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'd love to see a GPL licensed engine that would FORCE developers to GPL their assets, it would cause more fully GPL'd games to pop up.

Comment

I like it. I personally only really use a drawing API directly for my 2D projects but it is still cool to see lighter game engines kicking around the wild.

Comment

Originally posted by DoMiNeLa10 View Post
        I'd love to see a GPL licensed engine that would FORCE developers to GPL their assets, it would cause more fully GPL'd games to pop up.
        How do you make money on GPL'd game? How this would force devs to GPL assets, nobody is compelled to use such engine?

Comment

Right, like rape causes so much love to pop up.
          GPL is such a perverse idea. Read this short free book: https://mises.org/library/against-in...ual-property-0

Comment

I'd love to see you understand that you are posting complete bullshit and feel bad and stop doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by llukas View Post
              How do you make money on GPL'd game?
              Mostly the same you would with a non-GPLed game.
              Most gamers aren't going to recompile the game from scratch, and you need some anti-piracy measure anyway, being closed source does not stop crackers and hacks.

Comment

Working...
              X