Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Valve's Proton Pulls In Latest DXVK, Steam Networking Updates, Controller Layout Fixes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valve's Proton Pulls In Latest DXVK, Steam Networking Updates, Controller Layout Fixes

Phoronix: Valve's Proton Pulls In Latest DXVK, Steam Networking Updates, Controller Layout Fixes

The Valve developers maintaining their Proton fork of Wine for use by Steam Play have outed a new update, version 4.2-5...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

all good, still waiting for a few things/fixes...

-script extender 64bit support
    -native browser url opening support for apps
    -fix to non-steam game linking/syntax

Most of these have fixes/work around for already but yet to make it into proton/steam...

Comment

One thing with which I have problems with wine games, is that in games like f1 2018, the game does not correctly recognize my Logitech wheel (g29, the wheel is perfectly supported on linux, and I usually play with it at F1 2017).

Does anyone else have problems with the wheels and wine? Where should I report the problem?

Comment

Originally posted by vickop View Post
        One thing with which I have problems with wine games, is that in games like f1 2018, the game does not correctly recognize my Logitech wheel (g29, the wheel is perfectly supported on linux, and I usually play with it at F1 2017).

Does anyone else have problems with the wheels and wine? Where should I report the problem?
        You shoudl probably report it in the wine bug tracker.

Comment

My local Proton builds already include DXVK 1.2.1 and are based on wine staging 4.8.

Comment

Originally posted by msotirov
            You should be president.
            Unfortunately, I don't like McDonalds and the only pussy that I walk up and grab is

this fluffy moron.

Phoronix doesn't like showing my photos from Google. right click>view image works...
            Last edited by skeevy420; 24 May 2019, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

Unfortunately, I don't like McDonalds and the only pussy that I walk up and grab is

this fluffy moron.
              You can always be President of the Underground.

Rough English translations for you poor people that do not speak the language of heroes:
              Somewhere down under ground in the bottom of a hole
              In a mine in Hel City muscles of steal is aching
              Where childhood songs heal anxiety and wounds
              Where store windows lays pussels-looking for trails

Everyone was born whit out clothes and without a stitch on their bodies
              Ten thousand tonne stones where the city grew up
              Megatropolis walls breaths of others pain and hope
              Under the ground, Under the ground

But you do know

You shall be a president, you shall be a millionaire

Under the nights black sky there is a party all night
              All the collection notices have their birthdays on your floor
              But our life are short, a party in a trash can
              Sing a song for the children about a life without sorrow

Somewhere down in the bunker the song of the hammer beats pulse
              About how the sun warms bodies after a long winter

Let it echo in your brain, you have to, you are a star
              Under the ground, Under the ground

But you do know

Comment

Just fyi, this very update to Proton includes quite a few wheel and gamepad fixes. Maybe you're lucky and it fixes your issues too.

Comment

IIRC F1 games under windows have problematic controller support, so in this case Wine may be doing everything right replicating the windows issue. Try starting the game with the controller off, and turn it on at the title menu. That works under windows.

Comment

Working...
                  X