X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leonmaxx
    replied
    Originally posted by Britoid View Post
    didn't it also cause performance problems?
    I'm not a developer of DXVK nor DXVK Linux native port. I just packaged it to help with testing.

Leave a comment:

• ssokolow
    replied
    For the sake of the distant future, I hope it doesn't drift too far from the DLL-based approach.

Last I heard, bundling Wine's DrectDraw DLLs was how GOG.com got at least one of the Dungeon Keeper games to support high-quality graphics mode on modern Windows.

...and, if nothing else, you want to support Windows because, otherwise, you wind up like with games such as Lode Runner: The Legend Returns, where GOG.com doesn't try to license them because there's no viably reliable option for getting Windows 3.1 applications running on 64-bit Windows. (BoxedWine does exist, but GOG never expanded their use of Wine for Linux support beyond Flatout, Flatout 2, and a couple of Infinity Engine games, compared DOSBox and ScummVM being appealing to them because they Just Work™ more reliably than old Windows games patched to run on new Windows.)

That said, I really wish Executor (essentially a Wine for MacOS System 6 and 7) was still maintained so GOG could feel comfortable enough with it to start selling me classic MacOS games.

Leave a comment:

• Britoid
    replied
    Originally posted by leonmaxx View Post

DXVK built as Wine builtin library caused issues.
    didn't it also cause performance problems?

Leave a comment:

• adila01
    replied
    Originally posted by leonmaxx View Post
    Yeah, I already packaged libdxvk and patched wine to help with testing.
    https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/co...axx/wine-dxvk/
    This is amazing. I never knew about your COPR repo. I will definitely check this out.

Leave a comment:

• R41N3R
    replied
    Would be interesting to learn more about the advantages. I can only think of replacing Wine's D3D10/11 implementation completely to reduce this maintenance burden.

Leave a comment:

• leonmaxx
    replied
    Originally posted by Xaero_Vincent View Post
    Didn't Valve already try something like this with Proton but reverted it because the native Linux libraries were causing issues with the Steam run-time environment?
    DXVK built as Wine builtin library caused issues.

Leave a comment:

• Xaero_Vincent
    replied
    Didn't Valve already try something like this with Proton but reverted it because the native Linux libraries were causing issues with the Steam run-time environment?

Leave a comment:

• leonmaxx
    replied
    Yeah, I already packaged libdxvk and patched wine to help with testing.
    https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/co...axx/wine-dxvk/

Leave a comment:

• Work-In-Progress "DXVK-Native" Allows For Better Wine/System Integration

Phoronix: Work-In-Progress "DXVK-Native" Allows For Better Wine/System Integration

There's work-in-progress patches for DXVK and Wine to improve the integration between the two for this Direct3D-on-Vulkan library...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...XVK-Native-WIP
Working...
X