No announcement yet.

Steam Client For Linux Confirmed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it would be truly amazing to be able to run my source games natively!!

/me dreams on..

Comment

Please, next time before airing some news as important as Steam/Source in Linux, try to confirm it with someone, not some misplaced or non-related file.

Comment

Your All wrong!

Steam is going to release a set-top-box that will run "SteamOS" based on linux to complement the "steam cloud". it will of course include a TV tray for your KB/M

Comment

Originally posted by bugmenot View Post
          Steam is going to release a set-top-box that will run "SteamOS" based on linux to complement the "steam cloud". it will of course include a TV tray for your KB/M
          Na it's going to run on the Phantom Game Console.

Comment

In retrospect, I know Phoronix and Michael are so sure that Steam is going to Linux and that Valve is indeed working on it, but boy, Blizzard's WoW was listed to have a Linux client so it could be speculated they were working on it before deciding to give us the shaft. All I'm saying is that even if Valve was working on a Linux client for Steam, it could easily be removed from the pipeline. The headline written is a bit of a leap of faith even with the evidence presented. Let us note that Valve has NEVER officially announced that Steam was going to Linux. Michael, have you jumped the gun just a bit there?

Comment

Maybe its good that steam isnt coming to linux...

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...d.php?t=764344

Apparently customers from around the world are getting screwed by the changing currency convertion rates at the expense of Valve's bottomline.

Comment

Wat. Steam deals awkwardly with exchange rates and different pricing norms in different countries so you'd rather we don't get it?

Comment

Doubt its coming anytime soon because Valve is still covering up talk about a Linux Client in their forums. Or blocking flame wars.

GIVE US A CLIENT VALVE!

Comment

Originally posted by SlickMcRunfast View Post
                    Doubt its coming anytime soon because Valve is still covering up talk about a Linux Client in their forums. Or blocking flame wars.

GIVE US A CLIENT VALVE!
                    Gabe owes all his fortune (and his overgrown belly) to microsoft. He's not letting a linux steam client be released anytime soon.

Comment

Better this way. We need games, not trojans in disguise <.=.<

Comment

Working...
                      X