Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DXVK 0.63 Released With Support For NVIDIA's Latest Driver

Phoronix: DXVK 0.63 Released With Support For NVIDIA's Latest Driver

For those planning to enjoy their favorite Direct3D 11 games under Wine this weekend and utilizing the DXVK D3D11-over-Vulkan layer for greater performance, DXVK 0.63 is now available...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'm having huge performance issues with the latest Nvidia Vulkan developer drivers (not tested 396.45 yet) and DXVK. Oddly, there even are huge performance differences between Linux and Windows. For example Downward (UE4) was running with just ~40fps on Linux, while it was just ~25fps on Windows (of course I was using DXVK just for testing purposes on Windows).

When I bought the 1070 Ti, I expected to get full Vulkan performance everywhere due to latest proprietary drivers always ready everywhere. Instead, I got lots of hassles. E.g. their new shader compiler or other changes lead to drastic performance regressions also in other games on Windows. What a mess, QA doesn't seem to exist anymore at all in that company...

Comment

Originally posted by aufkrawall View Post
      I'm having huge performance issues with the latest Nvidia Vulkan developer drivers (not tested 396.45 yet) and DXVK. Oddly, there even are huge performance differences between Linux and Windows. For example Downward (UE4) was running with just ~40fps on Linux, while it was just ~25fps on Windows (of course I was using DXVK just for testing purposes on Windows).

When I bought the 1070 Ti, I expected to get full Vulkan performance everywhere due to latest proprietary drivers always ready everywhere. Instead, I got lots of hassles. E.g. their new shader compiler or other changes lead to drastic performance regressions also in other games on Windows. What a mess, QA doesn't seem to exist anymore at all in that company...
      Are you high?

It is pretty normal to Downward perform better with it's native form on Linux rather that Downward Windows version inside DXVK.

That is not an issue at all.

​​​​​

Comment

It's definitely not me not being sober if you can't read closely. I explicitly mentioned that I ran it only for testing purposes with DXVK on Windows and the OGL port doesn't even have all visual features. Do I need to make use of red and bold letters for the feeble ones?

Comment

For the record, I'm high all the time. Carry on.

Comment

Originally posted by Leopard View Post

Are you high?

​​​​​
            It's nothing personal, you just encountered a forum posting DUI checkpoint.

Comment

Originally posted by gukin View Post

It's nothing personal, you just encountered a forum posting DUI checkpoint.
              "Driver-bashing Under Influence"?

I'll see myself out...

Comment

I'll glady stop the bashing once the crap runs better.

Comment

There was a warning on the page for this version: "Do not use

"There is a critical regression which causes random crashes in some games after some time."

Edit: now fixed so should be fine to update! https://github.com/doitsujin/dxvk/releases/tag/v0.63
                  Last edited by ResponseWriter; 22 July 2018, 04:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by aufkrawall View Post

Been using 390.48 now for a while, for me it has been the most performance stable driver. It seems like every two or so releases stuff sort of breaks performance in some things. Both ubuntu studio 16.04 and Manjaro are getting best performance globally for me with 390.48.

Comment

Working...
                    X