No announcement yet.

A Total War Saga: THRONES OF BRITANNIA Is Now Out For Linux, Powered By Vulkan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Total War Saga: THRONES OF BRITANNIA Is Now Out For Linux, Powered By Vulkan

Phoronix: A Total War Saga: THRONES OF BRITANNIA Is Now Out For Linux, Powered By Vulkan

Feral Interactive has released their latest Linux game port, A Total War Saga: THRONES OF BRITANNIA, is now live via their store and on Steam...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...nnia-Linux-Out

Great, am genuinely delighted, but can we please have Warhammer2?]

Or at least an explanation of whether it is simply delayed due to the cross-linking of FLC/DLC into Warhammer1, or even flat out not coming...

Comment

Did Rome II ever get to linux? I was hanging out for that for years, but decided to eat my feet instead as that became more iteresting.

Comment

Originally posted by stiiixy View Post
        Did Rome II ever get to linux? I was hanging out for that for years, but decided to eat my feet instead as that became more iteresting.
        Rome II was kinda shit so you didn't miss much.

Comment

Again no cross-platform multiplayer? So this time I not buy it. Why almost all Feral port not support it? Creative Assembly port in-house Total War Attilla and crossplatform works fine. Feral ports many games and again and again no crossplatform...

Comment

Originally posted by xpris View Post
            Again no cross-platform multiplayer? So this time I not buy it. Why almost all Feral port not support it? Creative Assembly port in-house Total War Attilla and crossplatform works fine. Feral ports many games and again and again no crossplatform...
            Simply not true. Attila's multiplayer was the same as the Feral ports - OSX + Linux but no Windows cross platform. Same with the in house Rome 2 port, although the Linux version never saw the light of day so it was OSX only for multiplayer.

Comment

Just did a quick try of this on my Fedora 28 system with the NVidia driver and it worked like a charm, will try with RADV when I get home

Not something Feral could fix of course, but not sure why they seem to use a historical character names for everyone except Alfred the Great though. The viking names seems rather random to me and it is also a bit weird that the viking narrator speaks with a Scottish accent.
              Last edited by ChristianSchaller; 06-07-2018, 11:36 AM.

Comment

It runs so much better than Attila!

Comment

Originally posted by Vadi View Post
                  It runs so much better than Attila!
                  Yeah, where I have to try to hit 30fps on Attila's benchmark, I cruise on ultra settings (even unit size) at over 60fps on this. 2700x w/ 3600cas15 ram & a GTX 1070. Attila was terrible performance-wise.

Comment

I get >30fps on 4K with high settings with the R9 380 (=285) which they claim as minimum requirement - wonderful!

Comment

Working...
                    X