Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wine-Staging 3.6 Released, Carrying ~930 Patches, Fixes For CSMT Toggling & Dead Rising

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine-Staging 3.6 Released, Carrying ~930 Patches, Fixes For CSMT Toggling & Dead Rising

Phoronix: Wine-Staging 3.6 Released, Carrying ~930 Patches, Fixes For CSMT Toggling & Dead Rising

Based off Friday's release of Wine 3.6 is now a new Wine-Staging release that is carrying about 930 patches atop the upstream Wine code-base...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
    May I ask Why download it when its in repos already ?

Update already come through for me

Comment

Originally posted by pete910 View Post

May I ask Why download it when its in repos already ?

Update already come through for me
      Depends which distro/repos... as i see here even Debian 7 is supported, so 5 years old distro. I heard they even think to prolonged it for another year, to 6 years.

It could be that there is some supercentenarian who still run FGLRX there on Radeon HD2xxx with this newest WINE.

What is "old" is really questionable, since new games are still released for Commodore 64

Last edited by dungeon; 15 April 2018, 08:31 AM.

Comment

I get people are busy, but the Guys working on Lutris works on the new wine-staging, and they are usually fast on putting it on Lutris so I don't have to compile the version of Wine myself.

In any case, good work as always. Wine had really push forward in this start of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post

Depends which distro/repos... as i see here even Debian 7 is supported, so 5 years old distro. I heard they even think to prolonged it for another year, to 6 years.

It could be that there is some supercentenarian who still run FGLRX there on Radeon HD2xxx with this newest WINE.

What is "old" is really questionable, since new games are still released for Commodore 64

Yup, in fact: a lot of new games have been released recently for the C64, very impressive: https://www.instagram.com/p/BhWJPmegXFX/?taken-by=epsilon201

Comment

This is rather impressive. Even more so since C64 was my first comp some 30+ years ago. But Amiga 500 was da bomb, simply stunning

Comment

C64 is a little more of a oddity than you would think.

http://1541ultimate.net/content/inde...=article&id=74 new motherboards.

The plans for http://mega65.org/ that will run C64 software.

C64 is the platform that just refused to die.

Comment

I wonder how progres mainlining is going. After all, the more patches that are brought up to quality and mainlined the better.

Comment

I wonder how progres mainlining is going. After all, the more patches that are brought up to quality and mainlined the better.
                  If you look at Alistair's emails on the wine-devel list, you can see that he is upstreaming a LOT of patches. He also lists the number of patches in his release announcemets, so it is easy to keep track on how this work is going forward.
                  • 3.4 ― 1000+ patches
                  • 3.5 ― 950 patches
                  • 3.6 ― 930 patches
                  If they keep up this pace, all the patches will be upstream in less than a year.

Comment

Originally posted by Venemo View Post

If you look at Alistair's emails on the wine-devel list, you can see that he is upstreaming a LOT of patches. He also lists the number of patches in his release announcemets, so it is easy to keep track on how this work is going forward.
                    • 3.4 ― 1000+ patches
                    • 3.5 ― 950 patches
                    • 3.6 ― 930 patches
                    If they keep up this pace, all the patches will be upstream in less than a year.
                    You also remember there is kind of a swamp to process as well. The swamp are patches that were disabled that are currently not being applied from staging that have to be processed on top of the currently applied count. Also the merging process will get harder as the patch count reduces as you will have less straight up ready patches and more patches needing work.

At the 3.5-3.6 pace we are looking at 1.7 years. So it could take a few years to clean. But a year hopefully should get to a maintainable count of patches.

Comment

Working...
                    X