The Latest Winevulkan Patches Make It Usable For Doom, Wolfenstein & DXVK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Latest Winevulkan Patches Make It Usable For Doom, Wolfenstein & DXVK

Phoronix: The Latest Winevulkan Patches Make It Usable For Doom, Wolfenstein & DXVK

Roderick Colenbrander and those working with him on "Winevulkan" to provide a clean Vulkan implementation for Wine supporting the Vulkan ICD concept, etc, rather than the old hacked together code in Wine-Staging have done a great job. With Roderick's latest Winevulkan patches, this new implementation is considered usable...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...Usable-Patches

Sharing sure is caring:
    AMD creates Mantle -> Valve creates group because AMD creates a possible theory (low level API) -> AMD shares specifications of Mantle to Khronos -> Vulkan API is created -> Vulkan projects starts new cool projects (Vulkan for wine) -> present day where Vulkan helps us by replacing OpenGL (not entirely.. but most of it).

Of course The Big thanks goes to the people behind the projects (That I don't know).

Comment

I never expected Doom to be a simple app

Comment

Originally posted by geearf View Post
        I never expected Doom to be a simple app
        neither is DXVK...

Comment

Ehh.

'
          Last edited by AdamOne; 15 March 2018, 09:41 AM.

Comment

It's not just that if you are on 64-bit...

But if you use Arch or related, there's an AUR paxkage: wine-vulkan-git

Comment

Originally posted by AdamOne
              How on earth do you add the DWORD value? Just create a DWORD value in the correct directory and name it
              C:\Windows\winevulkan.json"=dword:00000000 ?

The reason I ask is because Im getting 'vkcreateinstance Failure' asking if I have ICD installed. when
              Code:
              wine cube.exe
              Oh, uh, using Kepler GPU, propietary.
              I don't really know what you are talking about, but this sounds like a register key. Did you try with wine's regedit?

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post

I don't really know what you are talking about, but this sounds like a register key. Did you try with wine's regedit?
                Ofcourse.

Comment

Christ.
                  Ok, try this: build latest wine from git, make sure you/your package manager builds for 32 and 64 bit windows.

Get latest winetricks from its github, install the sdk

get eclipse editor and create a new .json project, paste the code, name it winevulkan.json put in wineprefix/drive_c/windows

start regedit and go to the directories instructed, you might have to create subdirectory 'Drivers', create new dword value, name it c:\windows\winevulkan.info, give it value zero, same for 32 bit,

now try wine cube.exe, im getting a white square

Comment

It is correct that you are seeing a white screen. My latest patches have not been merged yet. If lucky they get merged today else for the time being use wine-vulkan. BTW just a simple text editor is enough to create the json file.

Comment

Working...
                    X