Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BlueZ 5.48 Brings New Features

Phoronix: BlueZ 5.48 Brings New Features

The BlueZ Linux Bluetooth stack is out with a new feature update before ending out the year...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Ooo does this mean my PS3 controllers will work straight out the box? Having said that I've just gotten a steam controller which is probably compatible with more games on steam

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
      Ooo does this mean my PS3 controllers will work straight out the box? Having said that I've just gotten a steam controller which is probably compatible with more games on steam
      In my experience, if a game have the sanity of adopting SDL2, it will work with anything. If the developer thinks he/she know better, they commit the stupid move of implementing things themselves and with that came the problems, like white-listing devices, that block the ability of the game in accepting any model of controller.

If you really want to plug in a controller and forget about it, the most compatible one is the cabled Xbox 360 Controller. All the others will work fine in most games, but you will always stumble on a game that is hardwired in only accepting the Xbox 360 Controller, even on Windows :-)

I say that with my experience with the Xbox 360 and One Controllers, Steam Controller, Dualshock 4 and the Logitech F710 (the one Valve showed with Big Picture).

Comment

So how does one get the latest BlueZ for Mint 18?

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

Mint uses old and buggy software. Use a rolling release distribution like Debian testing Xfce to have lighter, stable and easier to maintain operating system. Debian derivatives are a waste of human resources.
          Debian testing how-to, see the second message: https://www.phoronix.com/forums/foru...in-living-room
          Or even better, Arch/based

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post
            cabled Xbox 360 Controller.
            PS3 controller works fine on cabled mode, I'm having issues with the bluetooth mode, it goes on loop of connect/disconnect.

Once I managed to make it work, but don't remember how, the controller lights up the first led when it is on cabled mode and the second one when it is connected through bluetooth.

Hope it works flawlessly now

Comment

Originally posted by pete910 View Post

Or even better, Arch/based
              gentoo

Comment

Originally posted by Dukenukemx View Post
                So how does one get the latest BlueZ for Mint 18?
                You might be able to find a PPA for Ubuntu 16.04 (Mint 18 series is based on that), or follow these instructions to pull down a newer Ubuntu source package and then compile/build a package on your own PC https://askubuntu.com/questions/8837...n-ubuntu-16-04

Mint isn't meant for people that need many new things, but you could try contacting clem or other developers and try to convince them to include BlueZ in Mint's "updated programs" repositories, as Mint does have a few select programs it keeps up-to-date by backporting them, and clem did say to tell him what are the most important packages to keep updated like that.

Comment

Mint uses old and buggy software. Use a rolling release distribution like Debian testing Xfce to have lighter, stable and easier to maintain operating system. Debian derivatives are a waste of human resources.
                  Debian testing how-to, see the second message: https://www.phoronix.com/forums/foru...in-living-room
                  Debian is rolling release? Since when? Are you referring to testing repositories?

Comment

Original PS3 contorller support has been in Bluez many years. OEM Shanwan/Panhai PS3 gamepad support was added in the version 5.27 after I did send an email to Szymon Janc to put his over 2 years old patches to Bluez.
                    Can I have your autograph?

Comment

Working...
                    X