Realtek RTL8822BE Support Coming To Linux 4.14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

starshipeleven

Thanks. I got a new work laptop a few weeks ago with a new docking station that connects over a USB 3 type C connector. That is awfully close to when the problems started. If sticking tinfoil over the docking station, the cable, and the laptop fixes the problem, I would be tempted to send my employer a bill for $500 for all the time I've spent trying to understand what was going wrong. If I remember, I'll report back.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael_S View Post
      starshipelevenThanks. I got a new work laptop a few weeks ago with a new docking station that connects over a USB 3 type C connector. That is awfully close to when the problems started. If sticking tinfoil over the docking station, the cable, and the laptop fixes the problem, I would be tempted to send my employer a bill for $500 for all the time I've spent trying to understand what was going wrong. If I remember, I'll report back.
      Afaik most laptops have the antennas in the screen part, not in the keyboard/mobo/disk part, so don't cover up that part with tinfoil or you will block wifi too.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
        Afaik most laptops have the antennas in the screen part, not in the keyboard/mobo/disk part, so don't cover up that part with tinfoil or you will block wifi too.
        I didn't know that, thanks. My laptop dock is eight feet from the wireless access point so I just run a network cable. I don't even use wifi on the laptop at home. But maybe the wifi device causes interference anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by Tomin View Post
          Makes me wonder when (if ever...) rtl8812au gets to upstream. I have one of those.
          Me too!

Right now the AUR is the solution.

BTW, this driver report the signals very different from all other equipment that I have tested so far, shows even the bad connection as good one (but in reality it's not), not sure if it's the driver issue or chip/hardware problem.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
            Interesting, thanks. It seems they enabled AP mode with 2.4 GHz on newer cards ("newer" in a relative sense anyway). https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/...rivers/iwlwifi
            Well, it looks like I got a bit lucky! I didn't know the support was rather new. Anyway, it's been working very well for me on 2.4 GHz.

Comment

Great news. But what about the support of Realtek's rtl8821ce driver for wireless adapter as well as Bluetooth firmware?
              Do they have plans to cover it as well?

Comment

Performing VM backup in Microsoft’s Hyper-V virtual environment may not seem to be an easy task at first. If the backup process is not configured correctly, things could go wrong.
                Regularly do hyper v backup for your VMs. It will help you to keep your data safe and recoverable.

Comment

I agree with JohnEvans and the best solution for Hyper-V Backup out there is Altaro!

Comment

Working...
                  X