Reiser4 Updated For Linux 4.12, Experimental Data Striping Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NateHubbard View Post

Sorry, but would you make the same argument for DahmerFS? What about HitlerFS or StalinFS? MansonFS?
    Names matter I'm afraid, if you want your project to be taken seriously.

The developer should have forked the code a long time ago and named it after himself, or something else entirely.
    I introduce you to the STAtic Language ImplementatioN: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stalin...implementation)
    Names matter in marketing. To a technical crowd, as long as it can be used to identify what you are talking about without much ambiguity, the name itself matters less.

Comment

Also, just because Hans Reiser became a murder to his wife, this does not at all render his previous, unrelated work void. Only people who watched too many Hollywood movies might think that one person can only be a "good" or an "evil" one, and nothing besides this.

Had Charles Manson implemented a great filesystem before committing to crime, I would have no issues keeping a MansonFS around.

And I guess that even Mr. Reiser could still contribute something useful for society if he was allowed to continue development of Reiser4 in jail.

Comment

Originally posted by dwagner View Post
        And I guess that even Mr. Reiser could still contribute something useful for society if he was allowed to continue development of Reiser4 in jail.
        But he has to stay in jail and do nothing so that justice can be served!

Comment

StalinFS openly not support ownership and permissions because those concepts make no sense for removable media, HitlerFS would invade neighboring partitions to store large files, and Reiser4 is the successor to Reiser3

Comment

One of the big features of Reiserfs is actually putting small files in concentration camps (called tail packing).

Comment

Working...
            X