Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reiser4 Now Available For Linux 4.8 Kernel

Phoronix: Reiser4 Now Available For Linux 4.8 Kernel

While Linux 4.9 will be released in just a few weeks, the remaining Reiser4 file-system developers have just updated their code to support the Linux 4.8 stable kernel...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...ser4-Linux-4.8

if the wikipedia page is correct, Hans Reiser could be out of prison in 2023, so I imagine he will have a huge numbers of bug fixes to commit.. or should I say bugs to kill?
    Last edited by speculatrix; 16 November 2016, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by speculatrix View Post
      if the wikipedia page is correct, Hans Reiser could be out of prison in 2023, so I imagine he will have a huge numbers of bug fixes to commit!
      LOL, oh stop it, you're killing me!

Comment

Originally posted by speculatrix View Post
        if the wikipedia page is correct, Hans Reiser could be out of prison in 2023, so I imagine he will have a huge numbers of bug fixes to commit!
        That's the problem with one man armies. I remember that ReiserFS was fast, reliable and default in many distros... what a giant waste.

Comment

Originally posted by Passso View Post
          That's the problem with one man armies. I remember that ReiserFS was fast, reliable and default in many distros... what a giant waste.
          I have different memories.

Comment

Originally posted by Passso View Post

That's the problem with one man armies.
            Then it's a good thing there is more than one man working on Reiser file systems.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
              I have different memories.
              x2, a few nasty bugs involving data corruption come to mind. Tried ReiserFS a long time ago, didn't see any compelling reason to use it over the other available filesystems at the time. It was fast in some very specific use cases, but I think ext4 and XFS have caught up. Unless you're running some disk-intensive custom application that benchmarks significantly better on Reiser vs. other FS types, I'm not sure why anyone would use it.

Comment

Working...
              X