Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 4.6 Will Improve The Security Of 32-bit Programs

Phoronix: Linux 4.6 Will Improve The Security Of 32-bit Programs

Besides the 4.6 scheduler updates, another interesting pull request today by Ingo Molnar are the mm updates...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Will this make PAX obsolete ?

Comment

Nope. ASLR is only a part of it. Non executable memory (NX bit) the other part. And AFAIK the NX bit is only supported for x86_64 in linux? But I'm not sure about that.

Comment

Originally posted by droste View Post
        Nope. ASLR is only a part of it. Non executable memory (NX bit) the other part. And AFAIK the NX bit is only supported for x86_64 in linux? But I'm not sure about that.

It emulates the nx bit for i386.

Comment

Originally posted by droste View Post
          Nope, have had NX in 32bit Linux at price of an extra level of page table entries (like PAE for more than 4GiB physical memory).

Comment

Working...
          X