Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by c117152 View Post
    Windows 10 sold poorly
    Linux advocates should know BY NOW that this never works. Who actually believes that a Windows user is going to give up Windows because the latest version isn't exactly what he likes? No, he will continue to use Windows 7.

He isn't going to change to a completely different operating system that doesn't run any of his software or use any of the GUI or configuration he is used to.

Comment

"... NVIDIA G-SYNC has been catching on with Windows gamers ..."
      Perhaps you could clarify that Nvidias G-Sync DOES work on Linux, the support in their driver was added very shortly after Windows.
      It's AMD that is still years behind.

Comment

Wasn't G-Sync just some expensive dongle?

Either way; the last picture in the article was wonderful. You can still use a dedicated card for bottle opening if it ain't good for anything else.
        Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

I'm going to give a shoutout to Flowblade . It's pretty amazing non-linear video editor considering how little known it is. The situation may have improved but last time I tried a few other video editors they started crawling or crashing when handling 2-3 Gb video clips while Flowblade was able to do all the tricks I needed to do. I'm not a power user of video editors so it may lack features that are important to others but I encourage people to check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by fingers View Post
            I'm going to give a shoutout to Flowblade . It's pretty amazing non-linear video editor considering how little known it is. The situation may have improved but last time I tried a few other video editors they started crawling or crashing when handling 2-3 Gb video clips while Flowblade was able to do all the tricks I needed to do. I'm not a power user of video editors so it may lack features that are important to others but I encourage people to check it out.
            None of our video editors come anywhere near as feature rich and stable as proprietary Windows versions that can be purchased at as little as $30.

Our most feature rich FOSS video editor right now is Kdenlive and the most stable one I think would probably be Pitivi at this point. Kdenlive has the vast majority of features I care most about but with the recent move to Qt5 it still isn't stable enough to be used for any serious work. And shotcut is getting closer and closer to feature parity with Kdenlive but It's uncertain if that will happen before or after Kdenlive becomes stable again.

I'd really like to use Pitivi when it has achieved its 1.0 goals and about half of its fundraiser stretch goals but who knows how far out that is. Pitivi started just 2 years after Kdenlive but is missing a lot of features I like/need that Kdenlive has had for years now. Slow motion/speed up, keyframable video compositing, ken burns effect, proxy editing, and GPU accelerated decoding to name a few.

And Flowblade is probably only about as feature rich as current Pitivi which considering how new the project is that's pretty amazing. Though it's still probably a good couple years out from being what I'd like.

Comment

Originally posted by Adarion View Post
              Wasn't G-Sync just some expensive dongle?.
              You won't really believe it until you see it. GSync is wonderful stuff. It makes the game world feel fluid and smooth even if its only updating at 45 or so. Without the annoying frame tearing.

Comment

Working...
              X