Khronos Releases OpenCL 2.1 & SPIR-V 1.0 Specifications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
    DirectX 12 is still basically non-existant in the real world and there won't be any serious titles before next year, so I feel like if Vulkan releases within the next 1-3 months, then the DirectX 12 headstart won't matter at all. Doesn't mean everyone will use Vulkan, but at least this argument/problem is gone. Also, with Valve releasing the Vulkan update for Dota 2 as soon as Vulkan is ready, there might even be a AAA Vulkan title before DX12, ha
    Let also remind that Vulkan can virtually support all modern platforms making DirectX 12 headstart irrelevant.

Comment

Originally posted by bakgwailo View Post

And there are already drivers that will be day one, and developers have had access to Vulkan, too. Plus there have been working demos, and even entire games on it (DOTA 2).
      I've seen the intel demo and the other one but there is no demo/alpha game that I can try like there is with dx12. Pretty sure the only devs that have access to it are members of kronos. (Don't know if DX is under similar conditions though )
      I know about the dota 2 port too but it's behind closed doors. That's what I was getting at.

Comment

Originally posted by pete910 View Post
        intel demo
        About that Intel driver developed by Valve contractors (LunarG?) ... What hardware generations does/will it support on release?

Comment

Trouble is devs have acces to it, so it's already been worked on + the fact there's demos/alphas of games out with it now. (Excluding Ark of course but that may be different reasons )

That's why I feel that Vulkan has missed the boat so to speak
          nobody used dx10 and nobody will use dx12 while most users are on windows 7, so stop abusing drugs

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
            nobody used dx10 and nobody will use dx12 while most users are on windows 7, so stop abusing drugs
            Eh, wth are you on......

I'm the one using drugs!

Comment

Originally posted by CrystalGamma View Post

About that Intel driver developed by Valve contractors (LunarG?) ... What hardware generations does/will it support on release?
              No idea , don't even know what intel chip they used.

Comment

Originally posted by CrystalGamma View Post
                I think Valve got that made so that Khronos members have something to work with and test during Vulkan development and Valve's own source2 development. I wouldn't expect very wide hardware support.

Hopefully though the it's release will give a leg up to other open source efforts which want to implement Vulkan.

Comment

I've seen the intel demo and the other one but there is no demo/alpha game that I can try like there is with dx12. Pretty sure the only devs that have access to it are members of kronos. (Don't know if DX is under similar conditions though )
                  I know about the dota 2 port too but it's behind closed doors. That's what I was getting at.
                  A difference here is that DX 12 is released and anyone can use it, show code and games.

Vulkan is not released and is still under NDA. Anyone developing software using it cannot show the code.

Comment

Originally posted by You- View Post
                    A difference here is that DX 12 is released and anyone can use it, show code and games.
                    nobody can use it, it is not available on most popular windows version

Comment

Working...
                    X