Arch-Based Antergos Working On New Package Management UI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Modu View Post
    There is no need to advertise a new distro due to it is having a graphical installer or having fancy themes installed by default. Installing Arch Linux through CLI is no harder than installing using a GUI (actually it is easier if you need a complicated setup). If you need some automation, check this (after tailoring it for your needs):
    https://github.com/docker/docker/blo...kimage-arch.sh
    As said before, it's not just another installer, but an installer that actually works. Vanilla Arch's installer would always fail on my notebooks, so if I've finally made it to the Arch world I have to thank Antergos. And it's not just a fancy theme, but an unified look and a base system that works out of the box, I for one certainly prefer Antergos to a bash script.

Comment

Originally posted by halo9en View Post

As said before, it's not just another installer, but an installer that actually works. Vanilla Arch's installer would always fail on my notebooks, so if I've finally made it to the Arch world I have to thank Antergos. And it's not just a fancy theme, but an unified look and a base system that works out of the box, I for one certainly prefer Antergos to a bash script.
      Arch Linux doesn't have an installer.

Comment

Originally posted by Modu View Post
        Arch Linux doesn't have an installer.
        installer = boot live iso, partition, mount, etc. "the arch way"

Comment

Originally posted by davcri View Post
          I don't understand what is the difference between Evo/Lution and Architect, any clues?
          However Evo/Lution communities have been shutted down: http://www.evolutionlinux.com/news.html
          Architect is the continuation of Evo/Lution by the same dev. From that news link:
          Announcement August 31, 2015
          I copied and pasted below, an announcement made by Carl Duff, the Evo/Lution-AIS developer. This is from the Evo forums.
          A successor to evo is currently being worked on, and is called "Architect Linux". It is much closer to the original Arch Installation Framework, thus bridging the gap between Arch and its derivatives even closer. Will keep you all updated.
          And from the sourceforge page mentions it:
          Architect Linux - the successor to "Evo/Lution Linux" - provides a powerful, user-friendly, and flexible installer for Arch Linux.

Comment

Working...
          X