GNU Linux-Libre 4.2 Takes Aim At AMDGPU & Intel's DRM Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blackiwid View Post
    And to trust the companies is to much to ask these days, even if I would belive that AMD as example has no intention to spy on their users or use other antifeatures, this companies have to comply to US law more or less and there are laws that allow the government to force them to buildin backdoors or security holes, and they can also make them lie about it.
    But in that case, you simply can't use a computer at all. Because those companies could have built in the evil stuff directly into the hardware, and you'd have no way of ever knowing about it.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post

But in that case, you simply can't use a computer at all. Because those companies could have built in the evil stuff directly into the hardware, and you'd have no way of ever knowing about it.
      What I heared so far is that its basicly imposible to build in directly nearly undetectable in microcode something that connects to a server and sends data. of course you could do that in uefi, but that I want to replace with coreboot as step between maybe and libreboot in the long run.

The only way you maybe could do that is to directly have that code in the network card, but I think it should be possible to replace that with some openhardware project much easier than gpu/cpu/uefi stuff.

As example I know there is a seperate OS on modems in smartphones so I dont trust this things anymore or have any hope that I can trust them in near future. but pcs was pretty open so if you want antifeature hardware there is the point to go. if not there its over we have lost, a complete dictatorship over the world, you can only lock yourself in a empty room and stare to the empty walls, and if you do that, you shure land fast on the drone killing list, because you must want to hide that you are a terrorist...

Comment

Working...
      X