Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2FS For Linux 4.1 Has New Features & Fixes

Phoronix: F2FS For Linux 4.1 Has New Features & Fixes

Jaegeuk Kim sent in his updates of F2FS (the Flash-Friendly File-System) for the Linux 4.1 kernel...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Does this filesystem have a point anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by johnc View Post
      Does this filesystem have a point anymore?
      Do YOU have a point?

Comment

It seems to me that every phoronix article thread start with trolling lately.

Comment

Originally posted by Viper_Scull View Post
          Do YOU have a point?
          it's on the "j"

Comment

Originally posted by Viper_Scull View Post
            Do YOU have a point?
            I'm not sure.

I'll have to think about it.

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
              Phoronix: F2FS For Linux 4.1 Has New Features & Fixes

Jaegeuk Kim sent in his updates of F2FS (the Flash-Friendly File-System) for the Linux 4.1 kernel...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...Linux-4.1-F2FS
              It's awesome for simple FLASH media without controller that would take care about the FLASH cell peculiarities.

Which means for SD cards, USB sticks etc. I use it on removable media instead of vfat. And when GRUB2 learns to boot from it, it willl be on USB stick with boot partition on my machines, too.

Comment

I've always wondered what kind of FS this is. Is it for simple things like USB sticks and memory cards? Or for the flash based mass storage of the future?

Comment

I've been using it for Debian installations on DreamPlugs and ALIX boards where the root FS is on SD card so that I can benefit from journalling while minimising wear. Works for me.

Comment

Working...
                  X