Systemd 219 Released With A Huge Amount Of New Features

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nille View Post
    SemiOT: Does someone use the systemd automount feature? Currently i use autofs for my networkshares. the problem is with my laptop, if i'm not at home he trys to connect to them but that can only fail and the filebroser is not responding until the timeout and then autofs try it again.
    I use the automount feature to mount NFS shares on demand, works fine here, no problems at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Pajn View Post
      Would that mean that I can get it to write standard, human readable text files?

As an Ubuntu user I will soon use systemd and the binary log files is my biggest concern, if I can get that fixed I would be much happier.
      You can find info how to do that on the awesome ArchWiki: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php...ystemd_journal

Also why did people hate journald binary log file so much? journal log are just indexed log, logging data is not modified so you can always do

Code:
      strings /path/to/journald/log | grep -i WhatEverYouWant
      when you don't have systemd or want to find stuff in the DIY way.
      Last edited by alaviss; 17 February 2015, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Just to say I'm positively impressed by this thread
        Shows the good side of the phoronix forums.

Comment

Originally posted by MoonMoon View Post
          I use the automount feature to mount NFS shares on demand, works fine here, no problems at all.
          Thats not the problem. The problem is if no network connection is available and something try to access the share.

Comment

Originally posted by Pajn View Post
            Would that mean that I can get it to write standard, human readable text files?

As an Ubuntu user I will soon use systemd and the binary log files is my biggest concern, if I can get that fixed I would be much happier.
            If you just install rsyslog, it would pull automatically from journald and you can even set journald to never save any logs

Comment

Thats not the problem. The problem is if no network connection is available and something try to access the share.
              It will try to mount the share and bail out after the timeout I have set in fstab.

Comment

It will try to mount the share and bail out after the timeout I have set in fstab.
                And that also not the issue. The problem is that he even try to connect and the filebrowser in this time is not responding.

Comment

Originally posted by ihatemichael
                  Jesus fucking Christ, these systemd people are fucking morons.
                  and what have you done again?

Comment

And that also not the issue. The problem is that he even try to connect and the filebrowser in this time is not responding.
                    I don't get it. Your problem is that automounting a network share is trying to access the network share?

Comment

I don't get it. Your problem is that automounting a network share is trying to access the network share?
                      You ignores the problem!
                      1. He try to Connect even without a active Network
                      2. He try to Connect even in the wrong Network. See next Point why its a problem.
                      3. The Fileexplorer stop responding until the timeout reaches. after this he is trying it again and again and again....

Comment

Working...
                      X