• Show
Clear All

• GreatEmerald
    replied
    Originally posted by arabek View Post
    You mean 3.15? Right?

Code:
    navarro ~ # uname -a
    Linux navarro [B]3.14.5-gentoo-r1[/B] #1 SMP PREEMPT Sat Jun 7 11:12:32 CEST 2014 x86_64 Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux
    Nope, I mean 3.14, and I also do mean it when I say "stabilise".

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Faster suspend and resume! I can already feel the difference.

Leave a comment:

• Pseus
    replied
    Originally posted by Apopas View Post
    Time to test the new kernel with the newer xfsprogs.
    Are CRCs available on 3.15? Any other cool features?

Leave a comment:

• teeedubb
    replied
    Anyone know if the SteamOS xpad driver made it into 3.15?

Leave a comment:

• Apopas
    replied
    Originally posted by deadite66
    yeah but wanted to see if it made any change.
    Time to test the new kernel with the newer xfsprogs.

Leave a comment:

• arabek
    replied
    Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
    Yay. Now hopefully Gentoo will stabilise 3.14 in three weeks time. (That would allow me to ditch Catalyst without unmasking the kernel version manually while I'm upgrading razor-qt to lxqt. Small things, but would make my day )
    You mean 3.15? Right?

Code:
    navarro ~ # uname -a
    Linux navarro [B]3.14.5-gentoo-r1[/B] #1 SMP PREEMPT Sat Jun 7 11:12:32 CEST 2014 x86_64 Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux

Leave a comment:

• GreatEmerald
    replied
    Yay. Now hopefully Gentoo will stabilise 3.14 in three weeks time. (That would allow me to ditch Catalyst without unmasking the kernel version manually while I'm upgrading razor-qt to lxqt. Small things, but would make my day )

Leave a comment:

• dungeon
    replied
    Originally posted by deadite66
    i tried changing /sys/class/drm/card0/device/power_dpm_force_performance_level but it won't budge off auto, so nothing in place.
    That option is about DPM, not about UVD.

BTW not sure why that is not working for you, maybe it is not supported on all chips...

Leave a comment:

• dungeon
    replied
    What Alex says:

If that becomes an issue, we can add a sysfs attribute to force the max UVD state.
    So is there option to force max? I guess deadite66 will be satisfied with that .

Leave a comment:

• fritsch
    replied
    Originally posted by dungeon View Post
    What UVD regression? I know radeon is popular, but kernel is not all about radeon driver .

Beyond rc8 have couple fixes for radeon too, so just compiled it... have Athlon 5350 here, works fine .
    The new dynamic UVD clocks, clock a bit too low (especially also the GPU), so that E-series can't do decoding and postprocessing with the temporal deinterlacer (mesa 10.2) at once.
    See here: http://lists.freedesktop.org/archive...ry/054361.html

You might realize it, when you decode 1080p60 or 1080p50 content and when doing postprocessing, but that's all, just a minor already identified regression, which can be fixed easily.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X