KDBUS & Systemd Now Yields A Working System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by zester View Post
    No your spreading fud and hate all things BSD. And apparently some pretty big names are publishing there software under a license you say isn't
    legally valid. I think Disney, Sony, Nvidia ... would all disagree with you.
    First, I don't hate BSD license. Everything has its place. I provided in previous posts an array of valid use-cases for BSD-like license.

I hate people who hide behind BSD, who mask themself as "opensource", who indent ONLY to work sometimes within proprietary structure.
    They have zero in common with free libre software. BSD is solely a tool for them to make a proprietary carrier.
    In best case, they don't care about licenses. In worst cases, they back stab and FUD GPL and GNU, try to fragment it, troll out its developers, disguise as those with better openness.

Second, I don't like Disney for the amount of DRM and anti-freedom laws it created. Disney actively propagandizes its products and characters, that share nothing with cultural value, to then rip-off the money. All this strongly contradicts with artist spirit btw. Maybe Walter Disney was completely different, but his company is nothing but a bad boy for ages.

I strongly dislike Sony for exactly same thing. In fact Sony and Disney are very related. For example, they both lobby patents in codecs, media encryption and locked up playback devices. Both Disney and Sony started Bluray, say can BSD decode and play legally purchased Bluray? No, it cant, because its nothing but a toolkit. One of the toolkits among on your list. Btw, you yourself are a tool too (as an engineer), so there is no real reason they dislike you, so long you confirm and work cheap for them.

Sony recently release a console, which uses all-BSD, but is not BSD-compatible, nor in any slightest sense open. It also likes to bash ANYONE who try to even remotely produce a fan-based product (this is shared with Nintendo a lot).
    You sure have a bunch of good friends here...

I dislike Nvidia for being selfish, monopolistic, ignorant - but I like that their products just worked over decades.

Thirdly, lets imagine those big names use your software, but break the BSD license. They do NOT mention you in ANY of their credits.
    Please tell how will you apply to the court with this BSD license?

Comment

I get the feeling (a user, brosis, kraftman, Teho) are all the same user.
      i get the feeling you just like to talk stupid things ad provokate. your ignorance scares me.

Comment

I am confused how are they taking code from me and not giving it back? There taking Disneys, AMD, Intels, Nvidias, Sonys .... code. I'm converting
        all of those packages build scripts to premake, patching some software, and writing Lua bindings for everything.
        I wasn't talking about your projects, but about bsd license in general.

Comment

I guarantee you, I am not related to kraftman in any sense, nor to Teho. Sorry if I offended, you I just use the forums in the way they are designed - for discussion, as I value Linux and GPL. You don't necessary have to share my opinion.

Comment

• Its unfortunate you don't like the way I do things, Most of my work is documentation. I actually
            teach you how to take those Library's with the exception for a few programs and build a
            full desktop environment, gui toolkit, .... from scratch in c++ or lua or both.

Comment

Is it because we hate shitty bsd license? I can say the same about sergio, vim_user, you and few others. It seems it's an only argument of bsd fanboys against people who know bsd is anti open source in its nature.
              Last edited by kraftman; 29 December 2013, 07:47 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by kraftman View Post
                Is it because we hate shitty bsd license? I can say the same about sergio, vim_user, you and few others.
                I hate shitty software, Cairo, QPainter, Magick++, Skia are all slow or have broken path implementations. And all of those library's I chose
                for my stack were mainly chosen on technical merit. It just so happens most are BSD licensed.

Comment

• It's like I am the bad guy because, someone else choose a license you don't like.

Comment

It's like I am the bad guy because, someone else choose a license you don't like.
                    No, it's because things you have written about GPL. You should accept the fact there are people who won't agree with you.

Comment

I was lead to believe it was going to tie into drivers and critical parts of the system.
                      How could you possibly get that idea?

Originally posted by zester View Post
                      If I can -r then I don't care. But kdbus is useless to me.
                      I wonder what applications do you plan to run on your OS... as if breaking backwards compatiblity on everything was way to a success, systemd upstream at least undestands the value of it and supports LSB initscripts, the old file hierarchy, old dbus protocol.... The idea that proprietary application vendors would be interested in a project with no users is about as bizarre.

Originally posted by zester View Post
                      Are you fucking serious? I haven't taken any part in yours and their ridiculous anti-BSD, anti-GPL trolling. I have questioned your ridiculous claims of your importance, did my basic reseach only to find that you are totally full of shit and haven't really developed KDE or many of the other projects in any meaningful way (at least you haven't done _anything_ to dispute that). My posts are actually on _topic_ of systemd and kdbus.

Comment

Working...
                      X