Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OpenZFS Launches To Promote Open-Source ZFS

Phoronix: OpenZFS Launches To Promote Open-Source ZFS

OpenZFS has outed themselves today as the "truly open-source successor to the ZFS project", the popular and highly-advanced file-system designed for Solaris during the Sun Microsystems days. OpenZFS is designed to promote the file-system on various operating systems and for allowing developers and stakeholders to better collaborate over open-source ZFS activities...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

We are in #openzfs on freenode. Feel free to come by with questions.

Comment

What is freenode?

I am a bit confused about this. I have reread the article.

Comment

It's an irc server.

Comment

How to connect it?

I connected on the one that comes with linuxmint and added the group but there is no such thing on this server.

Comment

Originally posted by deri View Post
            How to connect it?

I connected on the one that comes with linuxmint and added the group but there is no such thing on this server.

Comment

Ok, finally I was able to connect. Found the irc servers.

Comment

Is there a rewrite under GPL planned ? If it is not going to GPL, it does not matter.

Comment

Originally posted by dibal View Post
                  Is there a rewrite under GPL planned ? If it is not going to GPL, it does not matter.
                  Out of genuine curiosity... Why?

Comment

Originally posted by dibal View Post
                    To be really free and usable by different OSes it should be BSD or MIT licensed.

Comment

Working...
                    X