Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE 4.10.3 Packs 75+ Bug-Fixes

Phoronix: KDE 4.10.3 Packs 75+ Bug-Fixes

The May 2013 monthly update to the KDE desktop environment has been released...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Emacs still not working

Looked trhough the bugs but none caught my eye of a theming engine bug that prevents me from using emacs. Imagine not being able to use Emacs on Linux

Comment

This is looking good. I did a lot of moaning (including on here) about the 4.10.0 release because of the relatively numerous severe bugs I ran into. But 4.10.1 fixed some of them, 4.10.2 fixed all the serious ones, and now the changelog for 4.10.3 says they've fixed the last few things that were annoying me!

Yay KDE!

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCloud View Post
        Looked trhough the bugs but none caught my eye of a theming engine bug that prevents me from using emacs. Imagine not being able to use Emacs on Linux
        That's what I call a killer feature!

Comment

they're probably trying to save you from a bloated crap like emacs.

Comment

I guess you mean the GTK ports of the Oxygen theme: These are not part of SC and therefore even fixed Oxygen-GTK bugs don't make it on the list.

And nobody needs Emacs or Vim when there is Kate.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post
              Kate is turning into a fine editor indeed. It's just that its vim compatibility mode is not perfect so it's difficult to type

Comment

Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post
                Huh, Kate is still around? Haven't used it ever since openSUSE switched to KWrite.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
                  Huh, Kate is still around? Haven't used it ever since openSUSE switched to KWrite.
                  Kwrite is kate but stripped from functions. I think kwrite, kate and kdevelop all use same editing component. Kwrite is a simple editor without so much functionality, kate is a programming editor and kdevelop is a IDE. Also Kile for latex and frescobaldi for lilypond is based on katepart

Comment

I use emacs in kde with the gtk oxygen engine. I have not noticed any problems lately?

Comment

Working...
                    X