Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• curaga
    replied

You're right, I initially went by wikipedia, which didn't mention SP changes.

Leave a comment:

• gilboa
    replied
    Originally posted by curaga View Post
    WINVER define. The default is set in windef.h if you don't define one in your app (or build command line).

I used mingw64 just go get a newer gcc at one point, still targeting 32-bit windows only.
    Weird:
    From Fedora's mingw:
    #ifndef WINVER
    #define WINVER 0x0502
    #endif

As far as I remember 0502 is 2003 and XPSP2.

- Gilboa

Leave a comment:

• RealNC
    replied
    You should take a look at MXE:

It always uses the latest GCC version.

Leave a comment:

• curaga
    replied
    *just to get

Leave a comment:

• curaga
    replied
    WINVER define. The default is set in windef.h if you don't define one in your app (or build command line).

I used mingw64 just go get a newer gcc at one point, still targeting 32-bit windows only.

Leave a comment:

• gilboa
    replied
    One thing that surprised me in mingw64 is that if you don't specify a min version, it creates a binary that doesn't run on XP. (requires 5.2 by default, XP is 5.1)
    Regular mingw (at least used to) give win95 as a default minimum.
    Certainly a curious default to put in, when XP still has such a huge market share.
    I haven't faced this issue.
    Which parameter sets the minimum Windows version? (I can't seem to find anything in the mingw-gcc man page)
    Different mingw-w64 build options / version?

- Gilboa

Leave a comment:

• deanjo
    replied
    One thing that surprised me in mingw64 is that if you don't specify a min version, it creates a binary that doesn't run on XP. (requires 5.2 by default, XP is 5.1)

Certainly a curious default to put in, when XP still has such a huge market share.
    I suppose they figure that you would be using mingw instead of mingw64 for 32-bit operating systems so the only time you would have to specify a min version on a 64-bit OS is for XP 64 support which wasn't that popular.

Leave a comment:

• curaga
    replied

Leave a comment:

• gilboa
    replied
    I personally have a very good experience using the "unstable" 4.7 builds of mingw-w64, both 32bit and 64bit, and this includes C, C++ and QT code.
    Furthermore, mingw-w64 is an official part of Fedora 17, letting me develop and test the Windows side of my code from within Fedora (compile via mingw, test using wine) without wasting time booting the Windows XP/7 VMs unless I'm testing "final" code.

- Gilboa

Leave a comment:

• bug77
    replied
    Originally posted by cbamber85 View Post
    Who cares about how the world's most used cross-platform GUI framework compiles on the world's most used operating system? Err... Quite a lot of people.

Of course, if you don't use develop for/with Qt on Windows - then why are you even reading this article?
    Maybe, but once it's released, it will be pretty obvious how it's compiled. Do we need news, months in advance, telling us that nothing is set in stone yet? I'm pretty sure anyone interested in this is following Qt mailing lists already.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X