Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qt 5.0 Beta Released

Phoronix: Qt 5.0 Beta Released

At long last, the Qt 5.0 beta has been released...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Wayland

I think Qt5 support for Wayland is complete except for client-side decorations (CSD).

Not sure though.

Comment

Re

Larabel, you always point that you said previously that "this software will or will not release this year, bla-bla-bla, oh look how I guess right".
      Why don't you point this time that you said that the beta won't release in August and all this kind of crap talk?
      Sorry but for me you sound like a kindergarten or school boy that praises himself to all the people around on stupid things and that's really annoying reading from the side. Be mature, can't you also say that you were wrong talking crap on Qt development?

Comment

Does QT 5 support window decorations under Wayland?

Comment

Originally posted by mark45 View Post
          Does QT 5 support window decorations under Wayland?
          Currently no and hopefully it never will. The idea that each application itself should handle window decorations is completely retarded. It would only lead to inconsistencies between all applications. Window decorations are the job of the compositor.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post
            Currently no and hopefully it never will. The idea that each application itself should handle window decorations is completely retarded. It would only lead to inconsistencies between all applications. Window decorations are the job of the compositor.
            If Wayland works that way, it should be supported. Period. If you don't like it, don't use Wayland.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post
              Maybe there is more than client-side decorations to Wayland support?

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
                If Wayland works that way, it should be supported. Period. If you don't like it, don't use Wayland.
                As MS Windows has client side decoration I'm sure Qt need to support it? In Linux I suppose its up to the window manager if they use it?

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
                  We're waiting for your patch. In the meantime, there are hundreds of millions of systems where Qt runs right now which are more important than dubious functionality on a yet-to-be-released experimental display server.

Comment

Originally posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
                    We're waiting for your patch. In the meantime, there are hundreds of millions of systems where Qt runs right now which are more important than dubious functionality on a yet-to-be-released experimental display server.
                    Does Microsoft Windows use client-side decorations?
                    Which version?

Comment

Working...
                    X