No announcement yet.

Opera 12 Web Browser Packs Many Features

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firefox don't have hardware acceleration in GNU/Linux "because is to hard for drivers problems". Opera have it and work very well

Comment

Hardware acceleration also works with ATI open source drivers (xf86-video-ati)

Shame on you Mozilla "drivers problems" sure It's to sad that Mozilla team is giving the back to the GNU/Linux community

Comment

Currently on Opera 11.64 at work now: Opera/9.80 (X11; Linux x86_64; U; en) Presto/2.10.229 Version/11.64
        Use 12 beta 64bit and 11.64 32bit at home along with IE9.

This browser is amazing, I have managed to convert everyone I have told to install it.

TAB GROUPING PEOPLE!

TAB. GROUPING.

idk if any other browser has it (I have 'em all installed, never seen it) but it is the most used feature for me.

I don't mind them being proprietary because they do good work, and seem to show us as much love as other platforms. I'm so happy for their share in the mobile space, their Mini/Mobile deserve it.

Comment

Originally posted by Xilanaz View Post
          very well said, they treat us linux users not as 2nd rank citizens so I find it a bit easy to shout go open source instead applaud them for what they do and give us.
          They don't give us anything that we already don't have.
          We already have Firefox, Chrome and tons of other web browsers, all open source.

A closed source proprietary web browser when we already have a dozen of free open source ones? Thanks for nothing!

Originally posted by Xilanaz View Post
          also maybe their desktop version is not as much used but do not underestimate their mobile market and their engine used in other hardware like tv's and such, its understandable they don't want to go opensource as that is what makes them their money
          Many software companies have a mix of closed source and open source software components. Example the Microsoft ASP.NET MVC framework is open source while ASP.NET is not. Apple have launchd and XNU which are open source.
          What have Opera Software ever contributed as open source?

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
            They don't give us anything that we already don't have.
            Except that they've pioneered most of the features we take for granted in browsers today. Tabs, password management, mouse gestures, search from address bar, integrated download manager, speed dial... the list is just endless. Granted, where Opera once was one step ahead of everyone else, and the best browser by far, that's no longer the case. It's still my preferred browser, though.

Comment

Working...
            X