Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• garegin
    replied
    still, he still has to "review the reviews". i don't understand the wisdom behind that.

Leave a comment:

• strcat
    replied
    Originally posted by garegin View Post
    I think having one man reviewing every code submission for a kernel is a stupid policy. why don't they have a kernel review team like in freebsd? unless linus insists that he is the author of the kernel.
    You should do a bit of research before trying to criticize something and throw in your two cents.

Do you really think Linus is reviewing millions of lines of code by himself? He just has the final say when it comes to merging branches that have already gone through the hierarchy of the review/development process.

Each kernel component has a lieutenant maintaining it, and then responsibility is delegated down from there. They're the ones who send in pull requests to Linus.

He has a very high-level view of the development, and his decisions are mostly based on whether a branch has become stable enough to be merged in the current window, or if it will have to wait another cycle (or more).
    Last edited by strcat; 03 June 2012, 12:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• garegin
    replied
    I think having one man reviewing every code submission for a kernel is a stupid policy. why don't they have a kernel review team like in freebsd? unless linus insists that he is the author of the kernel.

Leave a comment:

• Rabauke
    replied
    Looks like Linus will reject and move it to 3.6.

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic ACPI Updated For The Linux 3.5 Kernel

ACPI Updated For The Linux 3.5 Kernel

Phoronix: ACPI Updated For The Linux 3.5 Kernel

The ACPI feature pull request for the Linux 3.5 kernel merge window was submitted on Saturday...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X