Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lightspark Flash Player Sees Some Improvements

Phoronix: Lightspark Flash Player Sees Some Improvements

The open-source Lightspark Flash Player is now at version 0.5 release candidate one. This new release is set to bring a number of significant improvements to this free software alternative to using Adobe's proprietary Flash Player on Linux operating systems...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I has really high hopes for this player, but for the past few releases it played exactly zero videos for me.

Comment

i've never heard of this until now. and what ever happened to gnash? personally i'd really like to see an open source shockwave player, or an open source flash editor with more support.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
        i've never heard of this until now. and what ever happened to gnash? personally i'd really like to see an open source shockwave player, or an open source flash editor with more support.
        Lightspark is supposed to use gnash as a fallback solution. Unfortunately, since the introduction of this, it doesn't seem to work anymore for me.

Comment

When lightspark can play all youtube/vimeo/etc videos and all games, then it can be useful. Right now it's just a WIP plugin not really ready for mainstream usage. I really hope it gets there though, but we have to keep things in perspective. When that happens it will probably be called version 1.0

Comment

Working...
          X