Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NomadDemon View Post
    jack + M-Audio delta 1010/LT is 10-15 MS
    not when measured with a ghz scope it doesn't, far from it in practice. I have that same hardware and my actual measured latency input to output was 250msc with jack even though it often reported less.

Comment

whats why ASIO drivers are better, glad my both cards support asio, but sad, what linux doesnt

any idea how to speed it a bit up? by removing PA or something?

Comment

whats why ASIO drivers are better, glad my both cards support asio, but sad, what linux doesnt

its likely a combination of better drivers and a more robust signal passing mechanism in windows to be honest.

Work on the kernel. Thats my advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Thatguy View Post
          its likely a combination of better drivers and a more robust signal passing mechanism in windows to be honest.

Work on the kernel. Thats my advice.
          Better advice would be to simply disable PA and check to see if that fixes the issue. PA has been known to cause latency problems on certain setups, and simply disabling it is much simpler than trying to go into the kernel and fixing things there. I mean, that might be the problem, but at least check the easy stuff off the list first.

Comment

Just change the whole Ubuntu distro and that really no reason to exist Pulse Audio thing. I am using Xonar DX under an openSUSE 11.3 system x64 with the ''desktop'' kernel and via JACK I could manage 10ms latency with no clipping. If I try installing the ''trace'' kernel which is even faster(claims to be realtime) I believe I could achive even better results.
            I never faced unsynchronized sound even when used the DX for recording procedures at 24bits 192000Hz samples via audacity. 4 minutes of music equals about +200MB flac audio file!!
            Youtube stuff is just too low bit rate to make my DX unsynchronize and don't forget that here has a big impact the flash player's performance not the sound card only even the graphics driver's performance has to do with the problem.

Gnome desktop env and Ubuntu generally rely a lot on Pulse Audio and that makes them a bad environment for sound enthusiasts and music lovers... Get rid of them instantly.

Comment

Originally posted by djdoo View Post
              Just change the whole Ubuntu distro and that really no reason to exist Pulse Audio thing. I am using Xonar DX under an openSUSE 11.3 system x64 with the ''desktop'' kernel and via JACK I could manage 10ms latency with no clipping.
              Or you could just ignore the openSUSE advocates, like the rest of us, and install JACK on Ubuntu.

That said, you don't need to move to JACK. Just check your pulseaudio settings, you can increase/decrease latency from there.

Comment

to use jack, need to use same sample rates for everything
                jack isnt a good solution. its great in studio , but not in normal home pc

Comment

to use jack, need to use same sample rates for everything
                  jack isnt a good solution. its great in studio , but not in normal home pc
                  i know about 100 or so studio owners and have been working in studios as a paid musician since the early 90's.

I have never in my life seen a studio running jack or linux. For obvious reasons.

Comment

yes.. its small private studio, mostly for local musicians, in my town musicians never will be on world stage...

Comment

Originally posted by BlackStar View Post
                      Or you could just ignore the openSUSE advocates, like the rest of us, and install JACK on Ubuntu.
                      Please speak for yourself my friend and not for the rest of the world cause all the problems our friend faces are caused by your favorite distro and that mistake called pulse audio system... And that is a fact not because I am an openSUSE advocate or dislike Ubuntu.
                      Furthmore I own this card and let me have a better point of view on how it works better and believe me ubuntu was one of the distros I checked before end up using opensuse.

Comment

Working...
                      X