X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RealNC
    replied
    Originally posted by chrisr View Post
    Will firmware now be a separate package to be downloaded from kernel.org? Or is finding firmware turning into some kind of "treasure hunt"?
    No idea. I guess there will be a central repository for it. But it'll will be a good while before that happens, so no need to worry right now.

Leave a comment:

• DanL
    replied
    Originally posted by atmartens View Post
    So how long before packages are available for Ubuntu?

Leave a comment:

• chrisr
    replied
    I've updated to git xf86-video-ati, but it's not enough

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
    This warning disappeared after I updated xf86-video-ati, mesa and libdrm to current Git.
    I'm slightly more wary of updating libdrm and mesa, but updating the video driver alone is not enough to kill the warning.

Leave a comment:

• chrisr
    replied
    So firmware files will now be found where?

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
    New firmware files will not be included in the kernel. Existing firmwares will gradually be deleted from the kernel releases.
    Will firmware now be a separate package to be downloaded from kernel.org? Or is finding firmware turning into some kind of "treasure hunt"?

Leave a comment:

• RealNC
    replied
    Gentoo just released its version of 2.6.33. It works just fine.

The kernel is complaining that my F12 xorg-drv-ati and mesa packages are out of date and broken.
    This warning disappeared after I updated xf86-video-ati, mesa and libdrm to current Git.

Leave a comment:

• atmartens
    replied
    So how long before packages are available for Ubuntu? I ask because I'm interested in some of the new features but don't want to be troubled with compiling (been there, done that). If I understand right, the next version will ship with 2.6.32, so officially 2.6.33 will come next October, which is a rather long wait. :-o

Leave a comment:

• wswartzendruber
    replied
    I wonder how long it will take GRSecurity to catch up. Days, probably.

Leave a comment:

• RealNC
    replied
    I've just compiled a 2.6.33 kernel, but the R700_rlc.bin file was not installed into the firmware directory. I've fetched and installed it manually, and the DRM/DRI2 is working fine(*), but I was expecting this firmware to come with the kernel sources.

Did I miss something?
    New firmware files will not be included in the kernel. Existing firmwares will gradually be deleted from the kernel releases.

Leave a comment:

• chrisr
    replied
    Where is the R600/R700_rlc.bin microcode?

I've just compiled a 2.6.33 kernel, but the R700_rlc.bin file was not installed into the firmware directory. I've fetched and installed it manually, and the DRM/DRI2 is working fine(*), but I was expecting this firmware to come with the kernel sources.

Did I miss something?

(*) The kernel is complaining that my F12 xorg-drv-ati and mesa packages are out of date and broken, but I have tear-free video regardless .

Leave a comment:

• bulletxt
    replied
    "And some day, I'll actually add the screws that hold the boxes where they are supposed to go, rather than just sitting in a pile on top of each other at the bottom of the box."

Someone please send the screws to linus!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X