Linux 2.6.33 Kernel Released, Woohoo!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• phoronix
    started a topic Linux 2.6.33 Kernel Released, Woohoo!

Linux 2.6.33 Kernel Released, Woohoo!

Phoronix: Linux 2.6.33 Kernel Released, Woohoo!

Now that Linus Torvalds is done rewiring part of his house, he has put out the Linux 2.6.33 kernel release. This update to the Linux kernel that's coming three months after the release of Linux 2.6.32 delivers the Nouveau DRM GPU code in the staging area, many Radeon KMS improvements and it has left the staging area, the new VMware DRM, and much more.Well, that's mostly inside the GPU/DRM area...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=ODAxMg

• alelinuxbsd
    replied
    I find this review:
    What's new in Linux 2.6.33

Leave a comment:

• Loris
    replied
    Quoting Linus:

?git is not an SCM. it's a filesystem designed to _host_ an SCM?

?In many ways you can just see git as a filesystem — it's content-addressable, and it has a notion of versioning, but I really really designed it coming at the problem from the viewpoint of a filesystem person (hey, kernels is what I do), and I actually have absolutely zero interest in creating a traditional SCM system.?

Stupid 1-minute-to-edit.

Leave a comment:

• Loris
    replied
    Originally posted by RealNC View Post
    Define "track." It's not as if you can make any sense out of a "diff -Nau binary_blob_1 binary_blob_2" unless your brain can interpret machine code.
    I think that large files with slightly changed segments between versions could share portions in the .git objects storage.

Leave a comment:

• RealNC
    replied
    Originally posted by Ex-Cyber View Post
    I'm pretty sure that the purpose of a VCS is to track different versions of files.
    Define "track." It's not as if you can make any sense out of a "diff -Nau binary_blob_1 binary_blob_2" unless your brain can interpret machine code.

Leave a comment:

• Ex-Cyber
    replied
    Originally posted by RealNC View Post
    Isn't using a VCS (Git in this case) for binaries kinda defeating the purpose of a VCS?
    I'm pretty sure that the purpose of a VCS is to track different versions of files.

Leave a comment:

• Beiruty
    replied
    Woohoo, It is working for me. No more Machine Exception Code. It starts automatically in DRI2 mode too. Great.

Leave a comment:

• RealNC
    replied
    Isn't using a VCS (Git in this case) for binaries kinda defeating the purpose of a VCS?

Leave a comment:

• DanL
    replied
    Originally posted by Anssi View Post
    Something is screwed up there. I keep getting a 0byte file for R700_rlc. Now THAT's vaporware.

Leave a comment:

• xeros
    replied
    Has anyone tried this kernel version already with Xen as dom0 or domU?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X