Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hedonist

Woke is good.
    This is not the road to actual inclusivity, woke is not the road to actual inclusivity, changing terminology used in source code (like bruh, really?) is not the road to inclusivity, differentiating by people according to ethnicity, sex or sexuality (as the so called woke really like to do) is not the road to inclusivity.

This whole woke sjw nonsense, just about everything that could be called woke or sjw exists to drive people apart, not together, there's nothing inclusive about it, it's just pointless virtue signaling and a lot of "people of this ethnicity matter more than people of that ethnicity, women over men, people of this sexuality matter more than any people of that sexuality" and so on, it's like all of these people are missing the entire point, like they are 'fighting racism' with racism, fighting sexism with sexism and fighting fascism with more fascism.

It would be hilarious, if it was happening in some part of the world where I don't live. (That's why some of those asian countries like to laugh at us lol, it's a freak show over here)

I think my favorite man to refer to when talking about this point is morgan freeman. This is the true secret to ending racism, and nobody seems to listen.

Comment

Originally posted by hedonist View Post
      im glad microsoft is helping out with making the linux kernel more inclusive. this is very nice and welcomed.
      Now it's time to make microsoft more inclusive. I've heard they're racists, so I'd like to inspect their code.

Comment

We need more inclusivity in FOSS. I'm glad that this is happening.
        We need woke morons like you to stay out from FLOSS. Such imbeciles got paid while serious maintainers work sometimes for free. Because there's money for woke shit.

Comment

Originally posted by Alliancemd View Post
          People here are really Offended and get Triggered when somebody removes the word "Slave" from anywhere, as if using "Slave" made sense in the first place.
          No, we get offended at having pointless, useless busywork foisted on us that does nothing beyond being "non-religious thoughts and prayers" to let bored middle-class white people have their illusion that they're making a difference.

...also, what other term would you use for devices that can't speak unless spoken to and have no means of appeal?​

Comment

Yaassss inclusive contributor king you dropped this 👑!!! Slayyyyyy our beautiful emperor deity for ending all inequality with this master stroke 💅🔥🏳️‍⚧️🌈 PREACH you handsome DEI GURU!!!!

Comment

I am fine with some changes but some changes are stupid.

First: master (as word in common language) meaning isn't for sake of master of slaves. Whoever thinks it is is simply stupid beyond comprehension. When I think of master first 2 meaning for me is like mentor, teacher and 2nd meaning as master of certain subject, 3rd as master degree. I literally don't remember master ever being used seriously as master of slavery. Although master being now controller i think is close enough to meaning in how it is supposed to work.

Second: slave - when slave isn't pretty word (much less pretty than master). What it means in context of slave of I2C.... Well i don't think any words proposed really describe well meaning of that in context of I2C. When I welcome change here to more precise vocabulary, i don't think words proposed are good enough. Client is word kinda overused, because if someone told me "slave" in context of computing i would instantly know aha it is probably I2C or another low-level interface.

Someone tells me client and i think of thousand different things.

I think word here needed needs to be a little more rare, more specialized.

Comment

There's nothing bad about inclusivity. Stop getting your panties in a twist. "Muh politics" when FOSS is inherently political lmao
                You're right and I'm sorry I didn't mention that I approve inclusivity and I should've just stayed on point. I am all for new nomenclature to adopt that, just not about rewriting history.

All the mental burden it causes when you have to explain why an interface is named X in one place and Y in the other. Use up reviewers time to make sure it doesn't introduce a backdoor somewhere. Having actual hardware silk screens that have the old nomenclature and you have to explain why it is I2SM on the hardware but I2SC in the code.

That's a lot of time and effort when it comes to changing nomenclature that must not be interpreted as history or politics but as hardware level controls. It is being changed for reasons that does not improve understanding of the protocol nor code.

Comment

Originally posted by rabcor View Post
                  There is no eventual about it, I used to be quite talkitive online, now I mostly just keep my mouth shut online except in private chats, because if I so much as say I don't like something someone's feelings get hurt and I get banned or whatever. You aren't allowed to have opinions that aren't considered "positive" by whoever the admins of any site are on most places on the internet already, today, eventually there won't be humans talking at all in public online spaces and we'll just have AI echo chambers everywhere, hell we're already seeing that quite a bit.
                  The netiquette was already a term 30 years ago as I started to use the internet. It was a place of mostly academic people and having an opinion has not much value there. Only later it got a very unpleasant place. ;-)

Comment

There's nothing bad about inclusivity.
                    Sure there is; being inclusive of evil and delusion causes the exclusion of the good and the true.

Comment

There's nothing bad about inclusivity. Stop getting your panties in a twist. "Muh politics" when FOSS is inherently political lmao
                      Yes! I think people forget from where the term politics comes. Polis means the city and politics means everything connected to the city. If we now use the term community instead of city it is very obvious that every larger group of people gets political. There were movement who like to use the concept of family and/or heroism for that instead but I don't believe that so many people prefer that.

Comment

Working...
                      X