Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 6.8 Released As Stable With New Intel Xe Graphics Driver

Phoronix: Linux 6.8 Released As Stable With New Intel Xe Graphics Driver

Linus Torvalds has gone ahead and released Linux 6.8 as stable today rather than drawing this cycle into overtime...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

what is needed to try the new intel xe driver? do i need to change my mesa config or wait for the next version of mesa?

Comment

Originally posted by quaz0r View Post
      what is needed to try the new intel xe driver? do i need to change my mesa config or wait for the next version of mesa?
      Not sure how up to date it is but according to this you need to set a kernel boot param, mesa already has support.

Comment

« Linux 6.8 is what will be powering the likes of Ubuntu 22.04 LTS, Fedora 40, and other upcoming Linux distribution releases. »
        Meaning Ubuntu 24.04 LTS ?

Comment

Fedora 38 and 39 will both include it in 2-3 weeks. Fedora doesn't stick to any particular kernel releases such as LTS.

Again, I'm waiting for .4 or .5 release before I install/try it. Others are welcome to debug it all they want.

A full changelog is yet to be published: https://kernelnewbies.org/Linux_6.8

Comment

Originally posted by quaz0r View Post
            Mesa 24.0.2 compiled with -Dintel-xe-kmd=enabled works in my testing, newest git builds seem to break the driver.

Comment

bcachefs tests when? ^^

Comment

Xe driver is not building for me with Ubuntu 24.04 daily. I just skipped it. I think I have the same problem Linus posted earlier. I thought it was fixed. The problem could be my doing too as this is a custom build on a daily OS. Anyway, It is running fine otherwise as I don't need Xe driver.

Comment

Working...
                X