• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by endrebjorsvik View Post
    Finally an available "any key"! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Any_key
    Love it! Thanks for making me smile

Comment

markpearson Is there any chance at getting a boot or config flag to disable the ThinkPad lapmode detection/throttling? The cooling pad I use for my X1 Carbon Gen 8 erroneously/ironically triggers those protections, tanking the laptop's performance. Haha.

(I've been manually patching/building kernels to moot the feature, but it would be nice to not have to do that.)

Thanks!​

Comment

Originally posted by jstoik View Post
        Is there any chance at getting a boot or config flag to disable the ThinkPad lapmode detection/throttling? The cooling pad I use for my X1 Carbon Gen 8 erroneously/ironically triggers those protections, tanking the laptop's performance. Haha.
        Afraid not - it's a safety feature so last time I asked the FW team about doing this I was given a "no". I did have a long conversation with them about a user who was having trouble with a tilted work surface and seeing this - but that never reached a conclusion and as I recall, that's not supposed to happen. Intrigued how a cooling pad would trigger it?

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by markpearson View Post
          Afraid not - it's a safety feature so last time I asked the FW team about doing this I was given a "no".
          Oh well. I was afraid that might be the case. Thanks for confirming!

Originally posted by markpearson View Post
          Intrigued how a cooling pad would trigger it?
          The cooling pad is tilted and its fan vibrates a little — or a lot when it's dialed to the max — so I assume it was one or both of those factors. The table I sit at has a bit of wobble to it too, which might further confuse things, and when I'm in a groove, I type hard and fast, adding even more energy to the system.

Comment

Working...
          X