Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

systemd In 2023 Added Windows-Inspired "Blue Screen Of Death" & macOS-Inspired T.D.M.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• systemd In 2023 Added Windows-Inspired "Blue Screen Of Death" & macOS-Inspired T.D.M.

Phoronix: systemd In 2023 Added Windows-Inspired "Blue Screen Of Death" & macOS-Inspired T.D.M.

As part of our various year-end articles, here is a look back at the most popular systemd stories on Phoronix for the past year...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

and still didn't fix the fundamentally broken behavior of resolved

Comment

I love how Devuan is one of the "most popular systemd articles of 2023​".

Comment

Originally posted by ihatemichael
        They do everything except Unix-y things, makes you wonder...
        That's a good thing.

Comment

the systemd horror intensifies. this cancer won't stop propagating everywhere. soon it will be the only thing left. imagine a systemd framework for UI or 2d/3d game develeopment, or a systemd bus for managing/dispatching system events. why not a systemd branded popcorn to eat crap while watching linux dies of its systemd illness? now what would be neat is for linus torvald getting out of its wood advocating for this "master piece of technology" and calling " a moron" everyone rejecting it. full circle. now i'm signing off, i need to make myself some more systemd tea.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiba View Post
            I love how Devuan is one of the "most popular systemd articles of 2023​".
            Nobody uses it.

Comment

It doesn't make me wonder at all. If there is one thing Linux really, really doesn't need, it's more Unix-y things.

Comment

Originally posted by jacob View Post

It doesn't make me wonder at all. If there is one thing Linux really, really doesn't need, it's more Unix-y things.
                yea right, no worries.. maybe we can count on systemd team to make a registry for linux next..
                would you also like some nice systemd "eula" made in redmond on top of your distro ?

Comment

At least if it can provide crash detail with call stack and registers

Comment

if systemd is not UNIX enough for you, there are a lot of incredibly good FOSS UNIXes out there

Comment

Working...
                    X