Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PostgreSQL Lands Support For Incremental Backups

Phoronix: PostgreSQL Lands Support For Incremental Backups

Merged yesterday to the Git code for the PostgreSQL database server is support for facilitating incremental backups...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

For postgres 17, ok.

Old logic says: no considered stable until the first dot release. Though for something as important as backups, I'd give it another major release, yes?

Comment

Originally posted by KoenDG View Post
      For postgres 17, ok.

Old logic says: no considered stable until the first dot release. Though for something as important as backups, I'd give it another major release, yes?
      I guess that falls in line with not buying the first generation of a product unless you want to be paying that early adopter tax.

Comment

Wasn't that the case since forever? pgbasebackup for a full backup and walarchives for incremental? For a very big databases this probably will cut some time running pgbasebackup, but without those archived transaction logs, it is still a one point in time state of data.

Comment

Working...
        X