Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intel Optimizing Its MDS Mitigation Handling To Avoid Possible Kernel Data Leaking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Optimizing Its MDS Mitigation Handling To Avoid Possible Kernel Data Leaking

Phoronix: Intel Optimizing Its MDS Mitigation Handling To Avoid Possible Kernel Data Leaking

An Intel engineer on Friday posted a set of Linux kernel patches that are working to refine the Microarchitectural Data Sampling (MDS) mitigation handling for the Linux kernel to better protect some kernel data and also some very subtle performance benefits...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

my tiger lake will also like it.

Comment

I wonder if this isn't an attempt to fix the problems identified in some recent work that puts some data behind the issue I keep pointing out: mitigations aren't fixes. The problem still remains. Spectre is still going to be exploitable, it's just a matter of picking your way around the roadblocks with determination.

https://marc.info/?l=oss-security&m=169658685531730&w=2 (the links to the research papers themselves are at the bottom of the mailing list post)

Comment

Working...
      X