Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linux 6.6 Features Include The EEVDF Scheduler, Shadow Stack, Intel IVSC, AMD DBC & More

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 6.6 Features Include The EEVDF Scheduler, Shadow Stack, Intel IVSC, AMD DBC & More

Phoronix: Linux 6.6 Features Include The EEVDF Scheduler, Shadow Stack, Intel IVSC, AMD DBC & More

With the Linux 6.6 merge window over, here's a look at the most interesting new features, hardware support, and other changes to find with this kernel that will debut as stable around the end of October.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Typo

Nouvea -> Nouveau

Comment

since i have a 13700kf i went ahead and pulled linux-mainline for the aur to try out 6.6rc1. so far nothing crashing. played a fair amount of world of warcraft classic - hardcore server.
      edit:
      just noticed the battery life of my logitech pro x wireless mouse is now shown in gnome's power setting page in settings since upgrading to kernel 6.6rc1! that was a nice surprise. https://i.imgur.com/7Eej1A8.png
      Last edited by pieman; 12 September 2023, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Michael

Typo "Per-CPU cgroup CPU usage stats are now proeprly tracked" should be "properly".

Comment

And the fast kernel headers when?

Comment

Originally posted by rmfx View Post
            And the fast kernel headers when?
            It was in mid 2022 we heard about this, am I correct? Curious what the hold up is on this

Comment

So, is there some way to disable this "EEVDF Scheduler"? This BS is turning my linux UI to lag-fest, putting every application I actually want to use to nice19 ffs, making it complete torture to use.

Comment

Working...
              X