Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 6.6 Bringing Qt6 Port To "make xconfig" Interface

Phoronix: Linux 6.6 Bringing Qt6 Port To "make xconfig" Interface

Masahiro Yamada submitted today all of the Kconfig feature updates targeting the Linux 6.6 merge window. Most notable with the Kconfig work is the "make xconfig" GUI seeing a port for Qt6 toolkit compatibility...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Highly recommend buying Rimworld, but beware it's an abyss that you will lose hundreds of hours to.

Comment

Didn't know anybody used or maintained xconfig.

Comment

Heavy dependancy

Comment

It needs an overhaul. Not to make it more messy or simplistic, but more flexible without converting it into another gnome-like shit.

Or maybe...

make gnomeconfig
          make qtconfig
          make nconfig
          make tilingconfig

Comment

I didnt even know there WAS a gui for this...

Comment

Boy that sure looks ugly!

Comment

yeah, efforts spend on pointless (and ugly) stuff nobody (serious) will ever use.

Comment

I rather wish the kernel option help texts were better (do i really need this? is this even useful for desktop systems?) or there was a good wiki online explaining them. I find it quite difficult to find good information on some options. Seldomly kernelnewbies has some information, but more often not ...

Comment

I don't mind if it's ugly, this help to get the job done. What are alternatives ? First one is menuconfig, get the job done but searching for an item is not really easy ! You have to shift+ '/', look in which category your item is and then go there. With xconfig, ctrl+f, that all it takes. Second one is gconfig but stability is not always here...
                    For kernel/buildroot configuration, xconfig really help ! I'm glad maintenance is still done on it (don't need to update UI, what would you change anyway... ?)

Comment

Working...
                    X