No announcement yet.

AMD Patches To Generate DeviceTree Nodes For PCI Devices Merged In Linux 6.6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Patches To Generate DeviceTree Nodes For PCI Devices Merged In Linux 6.6

Phoronix: AMD Patches To Generate DeviceTree Nodes For PCI Devices Merged In Linux 6.6

The DeviceTree changes for Linux 6.6 add the ability to generate DeviceTree (DT) nodes for PCI devices. AMD spearheaded this effort for applying DeviceTree overlays to PCI devices containing non-discoverable downstream devices...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

For AMD's purposes they appear to be interested in making use of this for their Xilinx Alveo FPBA-based accelerator cards.
    Is the FPBA a new thing that I want to learn about, or it’s a typo for:
    For AMD's purposes they appear to be interested in making use of this for their Xilinx Alveo FPGA-based accelerator cards.
    ​ ?

Comment

This support allows for describing hardware peripherals that are present in a PCI endpoint but not auto-discoverable
      I know my RX580 has at least one non-auto-discoverable PMBUS endpoint for its VRM controller. There's also one on the motherboard for the CPU, however the generic hwmon driver doesn't use the right scaling factors when reporting voltage and temperature.

Comment

Working...
      X