Linus Torvalds Reviews The Bcachefs File-System Code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fitzie View Post

I don't think the bus factor is the real issue with just one lead, it's more of a stress being placed on Kent. He's already losing it a bit just getting it into the kernel, imagine when there's ten times the number of users reporting issues.
    I can understand that being much more of an issue. But as we've seen, it can be a bit of a "chicken and the egg" problem. Having someone swiftly volunteer to step into the project would be ideal, but that's more likely to happen once the project picks up momentum and gets more visibility and attention.

Comment

Strange how no one complained about Bcache being a one man operation but the dude turns that into a filesystem and people lose their minds.

The only combativeness that I saw was around disagreements as to what the problem was. Kent found a legitimate bug and people would rather hack around it. How is that not going to bite them in the butt later?

Then they disagree on this fix coming along with bcachefs stuff, which is not really a technical argument. That's a "I reject this correct answer because you didn't give it to me right".

Comment

Working...
      X