No announcement yet.

Big Throughput Boost & Lower Latency With New Patch For Linux Checksum Function

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I won't look up anything. You started by denigrating me personally.

Please open Wikipedia and find these two articles which describe your messages perfectly: 1. Ad hominem 2. Poisoning the well

Which is all grossly despicable.

Secondly, I cannot find the message where Michael revealed the rationale behind the ban but from what I remember he gave two reasons, one of which was a lie, the second one was "Your messages receive a large number of reports" or something like that. You can open the posting history, it's public, and try to find any messages which justify a ban. He said nothing about my manners, inappropriate behavior or anything.

You continue to talk about me, me and me while not referring to a single "bad", "wrong", "inappropriate", "impolite" message that I've ever made. In terms of trying to "expose" me, this is a complete failure.

The amount of hatred I receive by not being a rabid Open Source fanboy and not hating anything that's not open source is just insane which doesn't say anything about me, but says everything about the people who think they are a sort of elite by having chosen Linux. That's not elitism, that's the worst form of bigotry and tribalism. The smartest people on Earth are open to everything, Linux fans are full of hatred and you represent them perfectly.
    Last edited by avis; 28 May 2023, 07:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by avis View Post
      The amount of hatred I receive by not being a rabid Open Source fanboy and not hating anything that's not open source is just insane which doesn't say anything about me, but says everything about the people who think they are a sort of elite by having chosen Linux.
      I realize this is probably pointless and I don't want to get into an argument, so this is just a one-off message and I won't respond any further.

You don't get the hatred you receive just because of your views. It's because you act like an asshole towards everyone else. It shouldn't be surprising that then everyone else treats you like an asshole and responds in kind by acting like an asshole towards you. Then you always act like you're the victim in the whole thing, which doesn't help anything.

You do receive a ton of hate, and a lot of people who don't really even read your posts or treat you fairly. But the primary cause of that isn't your opinion, it's how you treat everyone else on these forums.

I realize that this is a bit of a self-reinforcing loop. It's hard for you to treat other people nicely when all you get is hate. But it's equally hard for other people to treat you nicely. Perhaps a better solution if you really want to break out of this cycle is to create a new account, that people can't recognize is related to you in any way. I suspect it will be difficult for you to change your posting style enough that people wouldn't immediately recognize you regardless, though.

Comment

smitty3268

"because of your views"

Citations needed.

"people can't recognize is related to you in any way" - that's impossible. The amount of rational people here is vanishingly small and I'm recognized right away for questioning and doubting "the best" OS in the world. And God forbid you admit that some closed source software works better or that some companies which are not known for being open source friendly create decent products. That's all heresy and must be burnt with fire. Along with me of course. Only open source all the way to the grave!

You've not said anything of substance unfortunately and just like a dozen people before you, the entire post discusses me not what I say despite the entire post history being publicly available. There's something unusual about Linux fans if they cannot even pinpoint the exact messages that cause so much pain.Such a nice warm welcoming community. Anything but. And r/Linux is quite the same. People are banned left and right for no reasons, there's no appeals, moderators are hidden, you cannot post new topics until you get a lot of karma - a perfect echo chamber.

BTW, I don't even care too much. Please explain why there are so many hateful posts here on Phoronix towards:
        • Ubuntu
        • RedHat
        • Lennart Poettering
        • People who stick to Xorg
        Maybe it's not about me. Maybe it's about haters. Maybe it's about the owner of this website who condones this.

As a rational human being you have the right and chance to be polite and friendly. For some reasons people here choose to be impolite, aggressive, insulting and belittling. And of course you get a ton of lies on top of that. But nah, "it's only because of you".

I've just logged off for at least a week.

Have a nice day.
        Last edited by avis; 28 May 2023, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Some of us come here to read comments regarding the article, not your narcissistic crap. I have no idea who you are, what your weird agenda is, why you highjack every second article, and frankly, I don't care. So please just stay away completely.

Comment

Working...
          X