X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mathletic
    replied
    Originally posted by Setif View Post
    Still waiting for PE-Coff support (MINGW).
    You are going to wait for quite some time, it is planned to be part of mold 3.0. In the meantime, Rui is buisy fixing Unix bugs and implementing support for macOS (probably in sold). Rui suggests sponsoring the project, to get someone payed for fixing the Unix issues and to free himself for programming the Windows support. (Source) If you profit from potentially faster link times, consider donating money or ask your employer to do so.
    There are documented instances of successfully sponsoring features: In mold 1.8 a company helped to get
    Code:
    --relocatable
    /
    Code:
    -r

Leave a comment:

• mathletic
    replied
    phoronix In Spring, Rui Ueyama​ stopped using the logo of the disgusting slice of bread. He reflects, that
    Sensitivity to this kind of image varies and could be an unneeded friction to adopt the mold linker.​
    I think it would be fair that you no longer decorate Phoronix articles related to mold with a no-longer used logo.

Leave a comment:

• archkde
    replied
    Probably not going to happen, given the bad experience with macOS support. Maybe in sold.

Leave a comment:

• archkde
    replied
    Originally posted by CochainComplex View Post
    As good as this software might be. The icon is the most disgusting icon for a software product I have seen. Somehow repelling....
    The logo is great. The software is called mold, and the logo is mold.

Leave a comment:

• Draget
    replied
    I love those projects I can just plonk into my Gentoo config and suddenly have things build faster. <3

Leave a comment:

• Amaranth
    replied
    I think this linker is fairly specific to ELF so you may be waiting quite a while for that. I believe adding support for PE or Mach-O are things that would cause the major version to be increased.

Leave a comment:

• bug77
    replied
    DEC Alpha... that's a blast from the past.

Leave a comment:

• Setif
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ms178
    replied
    From a marketing perspective it might be not the most obvious logo, I agree. On the other hand, if it stirs emotions, that at least covers the basics, even if it is disgust.

Leave a comment:

• CochainComplex
    replied
    As good as this software might be. The icon is the most disgusting icon for a software product I have seen. Somehow repelling....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X