New Patches Allow More Easily Managing The AMD P-State Linux Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mitch View Post

This is prime Phoronix for me. Super educational and enlightening. Is it your impression that EPP will one day be the default or recommended-default for Linux with AMD?
    I think this is the way most x86 platforms are going. Intel is doing something similar with their pstate driver IIRC.

Comment

Originally posted by agd5f View Post

I think this is the way most x86 platforms are going. Intel is doing something similar with their pstate driver IIRC.
      it's going to be all of them, any of them that have the resources/desire to solve efficiency issues.

ACPI only supports 3 C-states, so, unless that's extended in a vendor-neutral manner, vendor-specific pstate drivers are all that we can hope for

Comment

Originally posted by nibbloid69 View Post

it's going to be all of them, any of them that have the resources/desire to solve efficiency issues.

ACPI only supports 3 C-states, so, unless that's extended in a vendor-neutral manner, vendor-specific pstate drivers are all that we can hope for
        Well one way be if ACPI had some default states in its spec and allowed vendors to expand on it instead of this messs we are in now.

Comment

Custom Linux kernel patches. Contribute to CachyOS/kernel-patches development by creating an account on GitHub.

here's a set of patches with the last one (number 19, presently) being a 6.0.10 patch for EPP support if anyone is interested in playing with that.

Comment

Working...
          X