Stratis Storage 3.3 Released - Easily Make Use Of Expanded RAID Arrays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RahulSundaram View Post

Nah, you made the claim the Ext4 is the overwhelming default and it is now clear that you based that solely on distrowatch.com page hit ranking and didn't actually read the page. We don't have anything further to discuss.
    I asked you to, knowing that the statistics you quoted are wrong. But no, please do run off without justifying your complaint.

The fact is, not nearly as many people use your favorite distro(s) as you think.
    Last edited by Developer12; 24 October 2022, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Developer12 View Post

I asked you to, knowing that the statistics you quoted are wrong. But no, please do run off without justifying your complaint.

The fact is, not nearly as many people use your favorite distro(s) as you think.
      The only person who quoted specific statistics is you and your own source told you that the way you are using that source was wrong and so far you haven't acknowledged that. Whether these distros are my favorite are completely besides the point. If you are going to continue to insist that Ext4 is overwhelming the default, provide a better source or move on.

Comment

The only person who quoted specific statistics is you and your own source told you that the way you are using that source was wrong and so far you haven't acknowledged that. Whether these distros are my favorite are completely besides the point. If you are going to continue to insist that Ext4 is overwhelming the default, provide a better source or move on.
        Something approximate is better than an objection made on absolutely no grounds at all.

Comment

Something approximate is better than an objection made on absolutely no grounds at all.
          If you still think a page hit ranking on a specific website's distro page is somehow indicative of marketshare of distros despite the same source telling you explicitly not to draw that conclusion, you are disagreeing with your own source.

Comment

If you still think a page hit ranking on a specific website's distro page is somehow indicative of marketshare of distros despite the same source telling you explicitly not to draw that conclusion, you are disagreeing with your own source.
            Unlike the total ass-pull "um actually everyone is running suse and fedora, no really, I just don't have anything to back it up."

Comment

Unlike the total ass-pull "um actually everyone is running suse and fedora, no really, I just don't have anything to back it up."
              Made up fake quotes aren't a source. As a Ubuntu/Canonical developer notes about misusing distrowatch, bad metrics is worse than no metrics. Since you have failed to provide any better metrics, moving on.

Comment

Working...
              X