X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sinepgib
    replied
    Originally posted by nist View Post
    It seems to me that since we have adopted systemd there isn't smooth transition (= no text logs) anymore. With and without playmouth installed. Is that because systemd take the ownership of the first console? Any new alternative to this old, despotic program?
    Who is "we"? What do you mean with "no text logs"? If you mean output during boot, it must be your config. I have them on my setup. If you mean syslog files, just send them to rsyslog via journalctl's config. Or, if you want an alternative to systemd because it's "old and despotic", check s6 and dinit out, those seem rather cool and modern. Beware tho that dinit is reportedly alpha and s6 doesn't (yet) come with a user friendly frontend, so either you use obarun's s66 or do a lot of manual work.

Typos:
    Systemd 252-rc1 is out as the first test candidate ahead of this next big feature release for this dominant Linux init systemd.
    And, to be pedantic, it's not an "init system". It's a base userspace.

Leave a comment:

• nist
    replied
    It seems to me that since we have adopted systemd there isn't smooth transition (= no text logs) during boot/shutdown anymore. With and without playmouth installed. Is that because systemd take the ownership of the first console? Any new alternative to this old, despotic program?
    Last edited by nist; 07 October 2022, 03:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• JEBjames
    replied
    Michael

Typo

"is a warning that they intend to eliminate cgroups v2 support after the end of 2023." I think cgroupsv1​ is being eliminate,not v2?

Leave a comment:

• systemd 252-rc1 Introduces New systemd-measure Tool, Other New Features

Phoronix: systemd 252-rc1 Introduces New systemd-measure Tool, Other New Features

Systemd 252-rc1 is out as the first test candidate ahead of this next big feature release for this dominant Linux init systemd. Systemd 252 has been working on a new "systemd-measure" tool and a wide variety of other changes...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X