Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stalld 1.17 Brings LoongArch Support, Bug Fixes For Thread Stall Detection & Boosting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stalld 1.17 Brings LoongArch Support, Bug Fixes For Thread Stall Detection & Boosting

Phoronix: Stalld 1.17 Brings LoongArch Support, Bug Fixes For Thread Stall Detection & Boosting

Red Hat released Stalld 1.17 this past week as the newest version of this open-source daemon used for thread stall detection and boosting on Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Stalld sounds like a Windows "performance" feature to me. A feature designed to decrease the performance of even the fastest and most capable of processors.

On a more serious note...when does it get absorbed into the SystemDeath Universe.

Comment

Originally posted by NotMine999 View Post
      On a more serious note...when does it get absorbed into the SystemDeath Universe.

It's for specific purposes and not necessarily yours.

Comment

At first glance it looked like Stalind to me, I figured maybe IBM was honoring their favorite totalitarian dictators (again).

Comment

Originally posted by NotMine999 View Post
          Stalld sounds like a Windows "performance" feature to me. A feature designed to decrease the performance of even the fastest and most capable of processors.
          Stallmand, and brings me GNU Hurd flashes.

Comment

Originally posted by StarterX4 View Post
            Stallmand, and brings me GNU Hurd flashes.
            Stallmand is for massive parallelization when playing Tetris on emacs.

Comment

Working...
            X